Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail - 10% off - THANKS TO KATIE TAYLOR

Options
  • 09-08-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

To congratulate our 'Golden Girl' Katie Taylor, Olympic Champion, we want to offer all our followers 10% off (1% for every point she scored) their train tickets when booked on www.irishrail.ie before midnight tonight, just enter promotional code KT1357 on the payments page and the discount will apply. Bookings can be made up to 28 days in advance of travel, discount does not apply to special bookings, transaction and credit card fee's will apply!!! Congrats again, the whole of Ireland are proud of you ;)

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Saved me 6 euro. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Thanks a million , saved a few bob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

shivers27 wrote: »
    Thanks a million , saved a few bob :)
    Shameful piggybacking by Irish Rail of Katie Taylor's success. Will be less shameful if they are a sponsor, but I don't think so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Shameful piggybacking by Irish Rail of Katie Taylor's success. Will be less shameful if they are a sponsor, but I don't think so.....

Jaysus you can't win sometimes. I hear more about Irish Rail being too expensive - they go and offer a discount and people still find an issue with it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its a discount- who cares whether they're piggy backing on her success or not. Have a gander on Facebook- there are companies, organisations and communities that Katie has probably never heard of- proclaiming her as their own.

Irish rail need to sell discounted tickets to get bums on seats, they have rather shockingly low load ratios at the moment. If they want to call it a 'Katie' discount- let them. Personally I think they should permanently lower fares to get more people on board (Irish rail in particular is shockingly expensive). A time delineated discount is a step in the right direction- a thorough reshuffling of their fares and focus on their passengers should be next (lets not hold our breath........)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

A good start might be terminating their never-ending "sale" which makes the fares I usually get more expensive. I've taken the bus last 3 times I travelled, and will probably be driving from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Wish I'd seen this before now, just about to book two tickets now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

Any new code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Peadar06 wrote: »
    To congratulate our 'Golden Girl' Katie Taylor, Olympic Champion, we want to offer all our followers 10% off (1% for every point she scored) their train tickets when booked on www.irishrail.ie before midnight tonight, just enter promotional code KT1357 on the payments page and the discount will apply. Bookings can be made up to 28 days in advance of travel, discount does not apply to special bookings, transaction and credit card fee's will apply!!! Congrats again, the whole of Ireland are proud of you ;)

Peter

Aww man, been waiting for a code for ages and I missed it!!!!!!! :( But well done Katie!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Discount see here. Valid until midnight 01/09/2012

Peter

• Advertisement
Advertisement