Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to education allowance .... when to apply ??

Options
  • 09-08-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just a quick one , I have still waiting on my college acceptance ..... can i apply for the BTEA or should I wait? .... I 100% will be getting my offer.

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

madcharlie wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just a quick one , I have still waiting on my college acceptance ..... can i apply for the BTEA or should I wait? .... I 100% will be getting my offer.

Cheers :D

apply now

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

apply now

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mr.boombastic

I applied a few weeks ago,no harm doing it right away...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 missy2011

Apply now and put a note with it that your awaiting your confirmation and that you will forward it on as soon as you receive it. You must get written confirmation that you are registered as a full-time day student from the college registrar or admission officer. You will not get payment of BTEA until you give this confirmation letter to the Department of Social Protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭madcharlie

missy2011 wrote: »
    Apply now and put a note with it that your awaiting your confirmation and that you will forward it on as soon as you receive it. You must get written confirmation that you are registered as a full-time day student from the college registrar or admission officer. You will not get payment of BTEA until you give this confirmation letter to the Department of Social Protection.

thanks , will get on with it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

I just rang citizens advice because I wasnt sure if I was entitled to it,so Im applying for the grant aswell. Anyway
    they told me I couldnt apply until i had college confirmation? This place is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MWK1811

A quick question to those who have already applied for BTEA - I went to my local SWO this morning and handed in all relevant docs for BTEA (except for college registration). The person working at the reception desk said I should come in on thursday and go to hatch 6 with my forms because I am on JSB. After querying this he then said I can leave it with him and he would pass it around for me. I said thanks as I had just stood in a queue for 30 min.

I dont feel to confident about my forms reaching the right person. Did I do the right thing? Or should you make an appointment to see someone? :confused:

Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I just rang citizens advice because I wasnt sure if I was entitled to it,so Im applying for the grant aswell. Anyway
    they told me I couldnt apply until i had college confirmation? This place is a joke!

You do not have to wait for college confirmation to apply for a grant. You apply as soon as the forms come out. Apply now!!

Advertisement