Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long for jsa

Options
  • 09-08-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

how long for a repeat application for jsa in mullingar? did a fas course and instead of suspending my claim they closed it so i had to make a repeat claim.

rang them today and they said they don't know when my claim will be decided. they also said if i am stuck for money i can go to the cwo in the health clinic and they'll sort me out.

however i am under 25 and living at home with single parent and i heard that cwo wont give anything to those in my situation (under 25 and living at home).

theres no way my parent can afford to carry me financially until my claim is decided, they just about manage to carry themselves without me burdening them too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

how long? wrote: »
    how long for a repeat application for jsa in mullingar? did a fas course and instead of suspending my claim they closed it so i had to make a repeat claim.

rang them today and they said they don't know when my claim will be decided. they also said if i am stuck for money i can go to the cwo in the health clinic and they'll sort me out.

however i am under 25 and living at home with single parent and i heard that cwo wont give anything to those in my situation (under 25 and living at home).

theres no way my parent can afford to carry me financially until my claim is decided, they just about manage to carry themselves without me burdening them too

Usually people who have been in receipt of jsa and go on a fas course and then make a repeat claim are fast tracked...depends on the office of course. You should go to your cwo for supplementary welfare allowance. If your parent is working then you will have to bring payslips with you and your parents means will be assessed against your swa claim the same as they are assessed against your jsa claim. If your parent is on sw then there will be no means assessed against you.
    Btw there is a sticky about how long claims take in different parts of the country.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055546279

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for your response. will it take long to be processed?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/supplementary_welfare_allow.html

if i have to claim from the social welfare office, will they take long to process it? and will they backdate it even if they approve my application for jsa?

i can get payslips and whatever other documents i need from my parent.

i know these is a sticky there for however it only has information for jsb not jsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

how long? wrote: »
    thanks for your response. will it take long to be processed?

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/supplementary_welfare_allow.html

if i have to claim from the social welfare office, will they take long to process it? and will they backdate it even if they approve my application for jsa?

i can get payslips and whatever other documents i need from my parent.

i know these is a sticky there for however it only has information for jsb not jsa.

The cwo will process from date of application. I dont know how long swa takes to process. Any money you receive on swa will be deducted from any backdating of your jsa claim. Go ahead and apply for swa.

Advertisement