Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed signing on date during holidays, how do I know when to sign on again?

Options
  • 08-08-2012 7:15pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was away on holidays last month when I was due to sign on. I filled out a holiday form and all that so that's sorted but I have no idea when I'm supposed to sign on again.
    It would have been the first time signing on while in payment as I was only approved the week before I went away, so I don't have any idea of times.
    I read somewhere that I'd get a letter from them with my next signing on date but if it's every 4 weeks like it was before I was approved it should be next week and I've heard nothing.

Anyone know what the usual procedure for this is? Do I need to go up and ask them? Or should I be getting a letter in the next day or so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

You should have contacted them the day you got back.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Chucken wrote: »
    You should have contacted them the day you got back.

Why? They knew I was back because I filled it in on the holiday form. The guy that told me to fill in the forms never said anything about having to go up and physically tell them I was back. I've received my payments the two weeks I've been back as well so it's not like they think I've gone missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Theres a bit at the bottom of the receipt you get at the postoffice with your next sign-on date

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Is your next signing date on the receipt for your payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Why? They knew I was back because I filled it in on the holiday form. The guy that told me to fill in the forms never said anything about having to go up and physically tell them I was back. I've received my payments the two weeks I've been back as well so it's not like they think I've gone missing.

In Limerick you have to present yourself when you get back. Whos to say you're back unless they see you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Just go and ask at the reception. It should technically be the same day as last time. That and you should be getting a text the day before, also.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Theres a bit at the bottom of the receipt you get at the postoffice with your next sign-on date
    mp22 wrote: »
    Is your next signing date on the receipt for your payments?

Jaysus, would you look at that, there is a date on the bottom of it :o

No time, but I'd assume it'd be between the same times as I was supposed to sign on the last time.

Thanks guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Jaysus, would you look at that, there is a date on the bottom of it :o

No time, but I'd assume it'd be between the same times as I was supposed to sign on the last time.

Thanks guy.

Just make sure they have your phone number. My docket says I'm to sign on a day before I actually am to and I always get a text reminding me the following day is signing on.

Advertisement