Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard mixing up keys

Options
  • 08-08-2012 5:36pm
    Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the past few days my keyboard has been acting up, it has been mixing up my right shift key as "1" or "End" on the number pad. Every time I press the shift key when num lock is on "1" comes up on screen and when I switch num lock off, it goes to the end of the sentence.

I have done a web search on it and tried out a number of things but no dice. Is this something that I can sort out myself or is the keyboard for the skip?!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Do you have another keyboard you can try with it? That would help to clarify whether it's a physical issue or a software/OS issue.

If it's just the one keyboard having the problem, I'd say it's probably for the bin. Which isn't too bad unless it's an integrated laptop keyboard, in which case it'll be a bit pricier to replace than a €10 or less jobbie for a desktop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

were there any recent liquid spills on the keyboard ?

is so replace it

borrow a keyboard to rule out software
    numlock can be set in BIOS and some windows startup options

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Thanks for getting back to me guys. I've tried another keyboard on the computer and that one is working 100% so it looks like this one is for the scrap heap.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement