Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSB to JSA

Options
  • 08-08-2012 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My JSB was due to expire the start of August, so around 2 months ago I got a form asking for the JSA application. This was completed online. I was then asked for proof of interviews and bank statements. Sent all of these in the same week. Got a phone call asking to confirm 1 or 2 things, which I did. Was told everything was ok, and heard nothing since.

Signed on today and the guy told me that my benefit has now ceased. I told him i conpleted the JSA forms. He said ok. Went in to collect money today and was informed there's no money for me. Social Welfare office closes at 4, so missed out with them.

Whats the process that I need to follow now?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Get back onto them I went straight onto my jsa straight awAy back in June there shouldn't be any hold up

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Thanks for that. Who do I need to talk to you do you know? Relieving officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gems1183

Am also due to change,think I've got enough JSB til sept but got form the beginning of June,recieved further form today to prove I was genuinely seeking employment. They told me when I went in that my case wouldnt be dealt with until my credits for benefit ran out but they are obviously doing something when this further form came out. I work parttime as well and am going on maternity leave the second week in October. I know they didnt bother sending a form to my partner when he was due to change and it took 6 weeks to get it back but the second time he signed on it was very fast within a week. Just keep on to them!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I should have more than enough credits! Working full time for 13 years before I started JSB. Got exactly a year. It's annoying because I'm now left with no money. Have to turn down a final interview this week now, because I've no money to get to it (500km round trip) Very very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

I'm not to sure who exactly u wud call c 2wks b4 I was due to finish they rang me as I was also due my 2nd child so needed info off me I saved ur woman's number encase there was a prob but a week after the call I got the paperwork in the post

• Advertisement
Advertisement