Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced JB today

Options
  • 08-08-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I normally get jobseekers benefit of €188 per week but today I just picked up my payment and it is only €150.40. Can anyone explain why this might be?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 veron01

I think it has to do with the bank holiday. You are not entitled to get paid for it AFAIK, unless you normally work it as part of your 3 days. Then you can claim it back by filling out a form I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Can anyone explain why this might be?

Not being funny.... the social will tell you. Did you call/ask them? What did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

Did you go from jobseekers benefit to allowance by any chance????
    the week I changed over I got a similar amount.
    As the payment day changed from a wednesday to a tuesday the following week so the reduced payment was because it was a 6 days instead of 7.

When I was on JSB and not on casual dockets......the bank holiday didnt affect my payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

im down the country at the moment but will check it out when I go back. Was saying I got paid for 5 days instead of 6. Unless I get a bit more next week.

Only on it a few weeks so not sure of the story with it.

Advertisement