Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbour counterfeit website

Options
  • 08-08-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Barbour jacket
    Counterfeit, bogus web site
    Counterfeit or fake; not genuine: bogus

PEOPLE DO NOT BUY ANTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE AS IT’S A RIP OFF 100%
    I RETURNED THE JACKET THAT WAS NOT WHAT I PAID FOR AND ITS COUNTERFIT ,I THEN RETURNED THE JACKET TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED AND STILL HAVE HAD NO MONEY BACK .:mad::confused:

website is : http://www.bar-sales.co.uk/
    barboursale@gmail.com
    looks the real thing but is NOT !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭pheasntstalker

thanks for the heads up lad and sorry to hear u were ripped off:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Barbour jackets for men
    Barbour jackets for women
    Barbour Bags For Men
    Barbour Bags For Women

All nouns in a title get a capital letter, he seems to have got this for bag but not for jacket. I'm fairly sure that the people at Barbour wouldn't use the phrase "more quantity!" Nor would they distort their logo out of shape on the website.

The sliding scale discount is a bit market stall esque for a Barbour site don't you think? Everything about this site screams knock-off!

Compare.... http://www.barbour.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chesapeake

OP: have been on to your CC company yet?

They also use www.2012barboursale.net and www.brsale2012.co.uk

www.barbour-sale.com which now redirects to bar-sales.co.uk was registered by this ********;

Registrant Contact:
    sheng yuanmaoyi
    sheng yuanmao
    email.pgif?md5=537dd17fe0d2436f948f202ba759eed8&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=arial&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent
    tel: 059128817288
    fax: 059128817288
    fujianshengfuzhoushihualilu134hao
    changle,fujian,CN

Just google the telephone number for a full list of all his fake websites :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I would inform the real company too, you never know they might be nice and reward you. Other than that I'm sure they will start legal proceedings which will stop others from getting ripped off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

Be very carefull ringing any of the numbers from sites like this they can often be premium rate no's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

This kind of stuff comes in from China all the time, I bought a pair of those MBT shoes before Christmas. I got an email from Fernando Gonzales from a gmail account saying they had been dispatched from Guangzou in China. Contacted MBT but they just said they were counterfeit MBT's and that they aren't made in China. Luckily I didn't pay as much as the real MBT's they were only 100 as opposed to 300 and they arrived 6 weeks latter and they were fine, I still have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

The label of the barbour jackets is quite synonymous with the patrician style. The Barbour jackets for men are qualified enough to be ideal piece of item for riding or hunting, shooting or fishing. The Barbour jackets for women present lots of style and color ,and offer high-quality and extreme warm enjoyment.

Engrish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jimmc2012

Lads
    Thanks for the reply /feedback…
    I have got onto Barbour Uk and informed them of the site . got a email this morning for June Doe asking me to send her photos of the jacket ( have done that 3 times now), so we wait ;-)
    at this point i am calling the money i lost 'Gob****e tax' ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

It's got so bad now with the ripoff industry in China ,that some fake manufacturers are literally advertising their products as
    GENUINE FAKE....[insert your western brand item here].
    Ripoff of the ripoff...:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Its definitely a lot harder since the quality of website for counterfeit goods has improved.

Between the direct selling and the sites operating with 'in stock goods' 'UK based' etc. it is increasingly onerous to shop online.

Not so long ago I purchased an 'in stock' lens for my camera from a company which i checked out and was registered in the UK, turns out they had a one room office in the UK but all 'in stock' items were ordered as grey imports from Hong Kong after you placed your order.

The end of the saga saw me down €1k for a month and no lens until I used CC company to get the funds back, which was an exercise in itself.

Jimmc2012, hope you get your money back and thanks for the warning on yet another scam.

caveat emptor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

We're at the stage that my 9 year old son will pick something up in a shop and look for the "made in" label and when it says China he throws it back like it was made of dung...

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭shooter88

how did you pay?if it was with paypal open a dispute and get money back

Advertisement