Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to get a tattoo in Galway

Options
  • 08-08-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi I have finally decided to get a tatto been thinking about it a lot over a year was going to get one last year but I wasn't to sure. Now I have finally decided I was wondering where is the best place in Galway to go? I wanna get a script tattoo on my shoulder. I only know a few places in Galway and haven't heard much about there rep so any help would be grateful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway -> Tattoo

I got one in Metal Works. Good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭liamhana

G's did mine (full arm) - on shop street over the body shop...excellent work. Just be sure of what you want & the design etc (get them to do a temp for a week or so to reflect on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A friend got an intricate star done in the place across from Blue Note.

Tbh, you need to go to each place with your design and ask them. Then ask to see similar tatts they've done (they always photograph the tatts they do).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

biko wrote: »
    Tbh, you need to go to each place with your design and ask them. Then ask to see similar tatts they've done (they always photograph the tatts they do).

^ This.

Check out the different studios. Make sure you are happy with similar work that they've done, and don't just settle for somewhere because it's the first place you've checked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Best places in town would be Victor, Custom, Galway Bay, AWOL...there are others, not necessarily bad, and each specialize in certain areas, though I would rank G's below any other Galway studio, just being honest. Based on what I have seen from G's - have plenty tattoos, and know people who went there, I genuinely would avoid. Honestly, it does depend on what sort of shoulder piece you're getting, but the likes of Victor/AWOL/Custom/Vinnies/Galway Bay/etc are better choices.Again, it depends on the choice you prefer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

It really depends on what you want tbh.

They're all listed above, most of them have facebook pages with some photos of work and go in to talk to them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Go in and chat to them in a few studios op. Seeing as it's your first you should find somewhere where you like the artist and the studio, make your first one a relaxed, pleasant experience. There's another one up in Eyre Square A few doors down from the Skeff.

Advertisement