Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Gas Pistol

Options
  • 08-08-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi all, im just wondering can u use propane gas instead of Green gas, my gun is KWC G17 and if you can where can i get them? in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishRebels

oh nice, do u know where can i get them in Republic of Ireland, it will be good if its in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Pretty much any hardware shop

ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

You can get Propane in B&Q in the Plumbing section
    You will also need a Propane Adapter, it screws on to the top of the Propane tanks and has a tube that fits the inlet valve at the base of the Mag

adeptertanks.jpg

• Advertisement

thanks and do u know where can i get the adapter and how much would it be?

and some of them say its Butane and Propane mix, is that ok too?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭blackhawk7

do you need to add silicone oil into the mix too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Green gas is propane with silicone oil added. Every few mags you have to use a few drops of silicone oil to lube up the o-rings as they will dry up without it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭blackhawk7

Green gas is propane with silicone oil added. Every few mags you have to use a few drops of silicone oil to lube up the o-rings as they will dry up without it!!

yeah,exactly,is there much of a cost benefit because there would want to be quite a bit as it seems like alot of messing around considering the alternative

• Advertisement

does anyone know where can i get those adapters in ireland?

ok and one more question, are all the adapters will fit on to any propane gas can e.g one of the propane in B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

The propane adapter will only fit the type on tank that I posted a photo of which has a screw thread
    It also is loaded to a higher pressure than tha propane/butane mix

I used propane for a while often shooting from my kitchen out into the back garden and it smelled just awful

I stopped using it as the cost of propane increased and the saving was not worth the bother of oiling the mags and putting up with that terrible smell

havn't use the propane gas yet don't know about the smell but yes indeed the price on propane is very high 400gram is like 18euro and the green gas in my local airsoft store is only 11euro for 570ml

Advertisement