Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think

Options
  • 08-08-2012 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I've took a clearblue pregnancy test the other night and it came up pregnant 1-2 weeks , since then i've felt sick and when i smell certain things i want to puke , i've went the doctor and there test came up negitive but she said there test dont tell im pregnant until im 2 weeks late , after the doctors i done the same test and it came up not pregnant , im trying to understand why did the first one say i am and im getting all the signs and the rest are coming up negitive ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Jojo15 wrote: »
    I've took a clearblue pregnancy test the other night and it came up pregnant 1-2 weeks , since then i've felt sick and when i smell certain things i want to puke , i've went the doctor and there test came up negitive but she said there test dont tell im pregnant until im 2 weeks late , after the doctors i done the same test and it came up not pregnant , im trying to understand why did the first one say i am and im getting all the signs and the rest are coming up negitive ??

Congrats JoJo15. You my girl are def preggers. The same thing happened to me when i went to have my pregnancy confirmed with my doc, I was only three days late and it came up negative depsite about 8/10 home pregnancy tests coming up positive.

The reason the second home pregnancy test came up negative is probably because the levels of pregnancy hormone in your urine weren't high enough in the afternoon, particularly seeing as you weren't overly late. I'd say test again first thing in the morning and then go back to your doc in about another week and a half, which should allow the necessary build up of the hormone for your docs test to pick it up, as they are no where near as sensitive to the home tests, bit silly really but thats just the way it is. If you think you're goin to keep on testing at home(until you get it confirmed by the doc, it's not unusual most of us have/do do that) i'd recommend the DocMorris pregnancy tests (only available in chemists) as they pick up lower levels or the pregnancy hormone and are failry cheap, then again the tescos ones are great price wise too.

Forgot to say, the reason first morning urine is the best to use for pregnancy tests is because when you are sleeping is when the hormone will build up in your your urine, however during the day as we eat, drink and pee the hormone decreases in our urine as we are diluting it with all of the above. In order for a pregnancy test to detect it there has to be a minimal amount of the hormone present in the urine and different tests have different levels. Clearblue Digital is 550mui's while the FirstRespone RApid Respone (the one you can take up six days before your period) is 25 mui's.

Good luck, I hope you get the result you want. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Jojo15

thanks for replying , the first test i done was at night time it came up pregnant and dismorning they are coming up negitive but im up all night peeing my back and stomach hurt and i had sex with my boyfriend yesturday and it was sore ive also broke out in spots and my boyfriend said im very hormonal haha i also keep wanting to get sick , yesturday aswell i got my hair done blonde and ive heard stories saying it can harm the baby so maybe thats a reason the test are now coming uup negitive , my head is all over the place now because it was a shock ive cried shaked being nervous and now knowing if im not is horrible

thanks for replying , the first test i done was at night time it came up pregnant and dismorning they are coming up negitive but im up all night peeing my back and stomach hurt and i had sex with my boyfriend yesturday and it was sore ive also broke out in spots and my boyfriend said im very hormonal haha i also keep wanting to get sick , yesturday aswell i got my hair done blonde and ive heard stories saying it can harm the baby so maybe thats a reason the test are now coming uup negitive , my head is all over the place now because it was a shock ive cried shaked being nervous and now knowing if im not is horrible

It's no worries hon, we've all gone through the are we aren,t we stage, it is head wrecking, and like most women i'd say it probably won't start to sink in for you until the doc confirms it, and in the mean time it is nice to have somewhere to talk about it and just see that you're not alone in what you're going through. Ok the morning test came up negative but like you said you were up using the bathroom all night, I know it's going to be difficult but if you can manage to hold it even for four hours and if you've no tests there pee in a jar, for lack of a better word. Just make sure it's clean, dry and not something you actually need to keep. That way when you do can get another test (asap after you've pee'd) you can do a dip test instead of peeing straight onto the stick, but imo you are def pregnant JoJo, "a line is a line" as they say, and you can def get false negatives but not a false positive, unless of course you're taking fertility drugs.
    Chat away here if you want there has been plenty of us in your position at some stage or another (me personally, more than once) or feel free to pm me if you want as well.
    I would def test again but maybe with a more sensitive brand.
    http://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html
    That website gives you the sensitivity levels of the tests, not all are available here but the good ones are.

thanks this was the clearblue test that hasnt lines its comes up pregnant and underneath says 1-2 weeks , yeah ur right there , it cant be a false postitive thanks for the website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Hi Jojo15,

Your situation sounds so like mine. I didn't get my first positive until i was a week late i went to the GP same day and their test was negative. She told me not to take any more HPT and to go back in a week. Obviously I ignored her and went an bought 3 different brands and the following morning I peed in a cup and did the dip test with all three and they were all positive. The suspense of waiting the week was killing me. I decided the evening before I was to go back to the GP to do another test and low and behold it was as positive as could be. Following day I was nervous but excited. was in with GP first thing in the morning now two weeks late at this stage and 5 positive tests later i attended my appt and to my horror their test was still negative. My heart sank and i sobbed, luckily for me there was a nurse available to take blood, she could see how upset I was so she put pressure on the lab to have my results back that day and low and behold they came back positive. I went for an early scan at 7 weeks as i had pains on my left side and was worried it might be ectopic. The scan only measured at 5wks and 5 days so i was 8 days earlier than i taught which is why the GP tests were negative and obviously their tests are not as sensitive which I think is an absolute joke, the pain I had on my left side was in fact a cyst on my ovary and apparently is entirely normal from pregnancy.
    I obviously ovulated later than I taught which might be what has happened with you. I would highly recommend the first response tests they can be used at any stage during the day but best used with your first mornings urine.

I know the waiting and not knowing is a nightmare and would drive you insane but hang on in there and stay positive.

Wishing you all the luck in the world xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Hi Jojo, those tests basically measure the HPT or human hormone in your urine....you won't have that hormone in your system unless you are pregnant and that test wouldn't show a positive unless the hormone was present. thats why the amount of false positives are very low! Pretty much if it says it on the stick then thats that! I only ever took one test and it came out positive. The doctor didn't even bother testing me in the clinic just took my word for it and scheduled me in the maternity and so far its all been very standard! It seems like there should have been something more offical like YES- YOU THERE...YOUR PREGNANT! but its all very laid back! :D

Congrats and best of luck with everything!!

now blood has came out off me its like a period but redy brown colour im scared because i duno why a test would say postitive and then i bleed can any off u girls tell me is bleech bad because i got my hair done yesturday and ive heard stories that it can be dangerous if pregnant i hope im pregnant and if not it would mess my head up since i already got over the shock

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Dying you r hair wuld have nothing to do with anything. The reason hair dye can be said to be bad for pregnancy is the chemicals in the dye can slowly penetrate through the scalp, and it means toxins can get to the placenta. This may or may not happen over a very long space of time. Also hormones can mean the dye does not take correctly. None pof this is relevant to you and would have nothing to do with any of your symptoms.
    When you first fall pregnant you can get something called an implantation bleed. This can be spotting, sometimes brown, not usually as heavy as a period. My advise to you is to calm down, and wait another day or so and do another test. It is unusual to get false positives. Good luck with it, and try to not stress out too much

thank you

• Advertisement

now blood has came out off me its like a period but redy brown colour im scared because i duno why a test would say postitive and then i bleed can any off u girls tell me is bleech bad because i got my hair done yesturday and ive heard stories that it can be dangerous if pregnant i hope im pregnant and if not it would mess my head up since i already got over the shock

I'm sorry JoJo but the bleach wouldn't cause this to happen, alot of women get bleeds the entire way throughout their pregnancy and everything is perfectly fine. But and i'm not tryin to scare/worry you, my advise would be to go to the docs first thing in the morning, particularly if the bleed is heavy and not just spotting, even if there is no bleeding in the morning, i'd still go. The majority of times bleeding is nothing, and you did say you had s*x with your partner quite recently, this can often bring on bleeding as the vagina is alot more sensitive when pregnant due to the increase in hormones etc.

I wouldn't stress to much about it right now hun, not until you've seen you're doc and he/she can tell you what's going on.

Best of luck hun xoxo fingers crossed for ya.

yeah i will thanks for givin me advise and hope n pray for me thanks girls <3

yeah i will thanks for givin me advise and hope n pray for me thanks girls <3

No thanks needed, i'll be thinkin of ya tomorrow and hoping everything goes ok for you and babs. xx

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

now blood has came out off me its like a period but redy brown colour im scared because i duno why a test would say postitive and then i bleed

I hope you have had a positive test this morning but if not I'm afraid that there is a possibility you have had a chemical pregnancy. That is where you conceived but the implantation fails. It would mean that you were producing enough HCG, the pregnancy hormone, to get a positive but that you will have what will feel like a late, very heavy period but is actually a very, very early miscarriage. I really hope this is not what is happening, but if it is, you should know that it's incredibly common (as many as 2/3s of all conceptions are now believed to end this way) and it has nothing to do with dyeing your hair.

I really hope you got some answers today Jojo. Like iguana said chemical pregnancy is very common, i don't know a lot about it but my friend had one, she got a positive and a couple of days later while waiting to see the doc she felt what was like a period. She started to Bleed and the doc told her she had what they call a chemical pregnancy. She was very upset but was determined to become pregnant and never gave up hope, she conceived the following month and now has a beautiful 5week old baby girl.

Thinking of you and hoping you get good news xxx

no positive test dismornin woke up cryin last night pain was unbearable and went toilet heavey blood clots came out and now 2day wen i stand up blood falls out off me so ive been resting all day :( horrible thing is , its like givin a child there favour toy and taken it away from them .. lifes not fair

ive no postivtive test done but last night woke up cryin the pain was unbearable so i went into the toilet and heavy blood clot came out and now today wen i stand up in falls out off me loads off blood so im just resting have to go doctors next wednesday but ill ring the d doc tonight so sad its like givin a child its favour toy and taken it off them not fair :(

lost the baby girls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

so sorry jojo, take it easy the next couple of days and take care of yourself! thinking of you!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm really sorry, Jojo, I was hoping it would work out for you. The important thing is to not blame yourself, these things just happen sometimes and there was nothing you could have done about it. Take whatever time you need to grieve this, just because you weren't pregnant for long doesn't mean you aren't going to be saddened by what's happened. And hopefully it won't take long for you to conceive again and next time it will stick.

• Advertisement

Really sorry to hear that Jojo, take care of yourself over the next few weeks xxxxx

Oh JoJo i'm so sorry, i really was hoping that this wasn't what was happening to you. The most important thing right now is that you rest up for a few days and look after yourself. Both physically and emotionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Sending some e-hugs to you Jojo. The ladies above are spot on, give yourself some time to grieve for this loss and take it as easy as you can, you really need some TLC. Its a long process sorting through the emotions of a miscarriage so set no time limits on it and just be as kind to yourself as you can.

thank u so much means alot

Oh honey there,s no need to be saying thank you. What you're going through is a horrible thing for anyone and you don't need to go through it on your own. There are details on one of first stickies in the forum with contact info for various services one or two of which may be helpful for you right now. You can drop me a pm as well if you need to vent, i really don't mind as i had a chemical pregnancy last dec myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I know this post is old, but I'm freaking out!! I had sex with my boyfriend at the start of March and the condom broke, so I took the morning after pill, everything seemed grand, got the early period and everything. Then the day before my regular period was due, the same thing happened, had sex and condom broke, so went and got morning after pill again, within like 2 hours of intercourse. then a few days later, spotting started, like the early period. now about a week later, I have pains in my stomach and tender breast (not major) and I'm just really scared. any opinions ladies??? any help would be great!!

Advertisement