Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista ipconfig not working ?

Options
  • 08-08-2012 3:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi folks

I’m trying to get the cmd ipconfig working on a Vista laptop, can’t seem to get it working. I am launching the cmd as admin. Inserting “ipconfig /all” shows my settings for maybe one second after I hit enter, and then it shows a long list of “Tunnel adapter Local Area Connections*109:” all the way down to “Tunnel adapter Local Area Connections*184 Media Disconnected”. Anyone have any idea whats up?

System info: Vista Home Premium / X86 – Version 6.0.6001 SP1 / Build 6001

Thanks in advance...............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

PatrickMc wrote: »
    Hi folks

I’m trying to get the cmd ipconfig working on a Vista laptop, can’t seem to get it working. I am launching the cmd as admin. Inserting “ipconfig /all” shows my settings for maybe one second after I hit enter, and then it shows a long list of “Tunnel adapter Local Area Connections*109:” all the way down to “Tunnel adapter Local Area Connections*184 Media Disconnected”. Anyone have any idea whats up?

System info: Vista Home Premium / X86 – Version 6.0.6001 SP1 / Build 6001

Thanks in advance...............

Ipconfig /all > c:\temp\ip.txt

Is your info at the top of the text file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 PatrickMc

No RangeR, it comes back as "Access denied". I am in Admin mode here so what am I missing?

Thanks RangeR

PmC

Run CMD as Administrator.
    Find the Command Prompt icon in Start Menu. Right click on it and choose "Run As Administrator". THEN do your IP Config.

RangeR wrote: »
    Run CMD as Administrator.
    Find the Command Prompt icon in Start Menu. Right click on it and choose "Run As Administrator". THEN do your IP Config.

Yea as I said above I am running as Admin that's what's confusing the hell out of me.........thx

Didn't mean to be abrubt there RangeR but I love to solve a problem and this one has got me, have to say .

• Advertisement

Jayses, no problem. I stumped, to be honest.

Tunnel adapters are often [or always] to do with secure network channels [read VPN's]. Do you have any VPN software installed [Cisco, Sonicwall, other TUN/TAP drivers]?

Maybe they are interfering.

Also, Vista is known to be bug heavy.

Only noticed it now, that's a LOT of LAN connections. 117+. Definitely something wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

Take a look here; it might help you out:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/remove-tunnel-adapter-from-ipconfig/8f5102af-988d-426d-814c-01be498b4bcd

Dunno if it'll solve the "Access Denied" issue, but should clear up the tunnel adapters at least. :)

Advertisement