Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Beginner's Road Bike 54-56cm

Options
  • 07-08-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm looking to get out for some 50-70km cycles and am in need of a decent bike. Ideally I was looking for a women's bike but that looks unlikely (second hand). I've a budget of €300 with some wiggle room.

They seem to be going quick on adverts so thought I'd try here. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭tonycombat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Judith Ann wrote: »
    I'm looking to get out for some 50-70km cycles and am in need of a decent bike. Ideally I was looking for a women's bike but that looks unlikely (second hand). I've a budget of €300 with some wiggle room.

They seem to be going quick on adverts so thought I'd try here. Thanks!

What's your height? Womens specific bikes are a bit of marketing gimmick. It all depends on the frame size and if you feel comfortable on it (not stretched out too much or too cramed).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Judith Ann

I'm 5'7" ideally looking for a 54cm. I've been testing out a few new bikes and have found that the women's does indeed fit a bit more comfortably. However would definitely be open to a men's frame as well.

Advertisement