Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiny hunting ireland

Options
  • 07-08-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

just post when you catch a shiny, and what your next target is. this thread is also used for the trading of shinies.
    right now I have woobat, and I'm hunting in pinwheel forest for anything, really.
    DOES NOBODY LEGIT SHINY HUNT ANYMORE? SERIOUSLY!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Hey man the odds of finding a shiny are 1 in 8,192 so don't bother hunting. Just y'know.

Become the very best :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The thread for Shiny hunting, w00ts and general chit chat is over here :
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64891373

It's been dead for a while. I guess there aren't enough shinies in B/W :(
    Hunting them is pointless. Masuda or RNG methods not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Hunting shinys is very time consuming. Ive only ever seen maybe 5 shinys in the wild. However, i have used the masuda method with reasonable success, although getting a shiny charmander made all the egg hatching worthwhile. Ive also hatched other shinys, but he the first and best.

It also allowed me to send over hundreds of charmanders to my pokemon ranch so i could get the legit mew from that game. Win/Win

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cakemonkey

Dammit, im just going to delete this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Rendeva

Hey man the odds of finding a shiny are 1 in 8,192 so don't bother hunting. Just y'know.

You can raise the odds significantly with the Masuda method or PokeRadar glint chaining, and there are many Shiny Hunters on various Pokemon forums with impressive collections...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

All the shinys (excluding the Red Gyarados of course who was awesome) I've gotten have been the crap ones. A Caterpie was my first, Noctowl second, both in Gold. Got only one since then and I can't even remember which game it was in. One of the newer ones anyway but not Black/White. I think it was a Krabby or something. It was a small area of grass in the middle of a water area. Not very specific, I know but it's been a while :pac:

I tried the Pokeradar thing but always got bored running into the same useless Pokemon time and time again. I don't really see the point in hunting for them, they aren't any better than the normal ones as far as I can tell.

They're exactly the same as normal ones. They just look better.
    It's about bragging rights really - You can only get a shiny through blind luck or a lot of hard work, and in the case of 'mon that don't commonly occur in Gen4 grass you're talking about RNG abuse or Masuda, neither of which is a lot of fun. No one can see your perfect IVs or your awesome EV distribution, but when your golden Lucario jumps out of his ball and sparkles, someone in the room will always go "oooooh!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

First shiny in a while today. A Unown in Crystal. Hardly any difference and I probably wouldnt have noticed had it not been for the little animation at the start. Why couldnt it have been one of the Pokemon I plan on using? Does anyone actually use Unown?

Only to spell out amusing messages in otherwise unpopulated boxes. I got a shiny F unown in HG or SS. I was almost tempted to use it. Almost.

Actually, anyone sending their cart to Buzz for the Keldeo event should make it a priority to capture a tonne of unown and write her a short note :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

Banjo wrote: »
    Only to spell out amusing messages in otherwise unpopulated boxes. I got a shiny F unown in HG or SS. I was almost tempted to use it. Almost.

Actually, anyone sending their cart to Buzz for the Keldeo event should make it a priority to capture a tonne of unown and write her a short note :)

An inspired idea good sir!

Edit: just saying ive STILL never got a random encounter shiny...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 cakemonkey

popzmaster wrote: »
    Banjo wrote: »

An inspired idea good sir!

Edit: just saying ive STILL never got a random encounter shiny...:(
    badLuckBrian.jpeg

Advertisement