Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed signing day. Advice needed

Options
  • 07-08-2012 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Bit of a double whammy here. My normal signing day is a wednesday. Last month I signed using the electronic system for the first time. Grand no problems.

They told me on the day that I would get a text to remind me of my signing day as part of their new electronic system.

So anyway as of today I got no text off them. Looked at my most recent slip and noticed that I should have signed today. I'm worried now as this is the second time that I missed a signing. Last time I got caught out over the bank holiday.

I haven't even been thinking of my signing day this week as there was an unexpected death in the family last week and the funeral was on Monday. Everything has been up in a heap, this was the last thing I needed.

Should I go in first thing in the morning and explain what happened. Worried I'll be in trouble with them now:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Ahaha you'll be grand :)

Even if you did miss it (which I don't think you did, I'll explain in a second), they won't care. Just go down tomorrow and explain at the reception.

It still tells me to sign on today (on the docket at the PO) but the text says tomorrow and has done for the last 6 months or so.

In either case go down tomorrow at your normal signing on time (so if you signed on last time in the morning, go then, if not go to the afternoon). Worse case scenario you'll be told to go back to late sing and best case scenario you'll be told to go sign on tomorrow.

Honestly, they won't give a flying feck at all :) It's only when you start missing it on occasion that they'll notice it. I'm not saying it's okay to miss it or anything but missing it once a year is honestly not going to spark the radar. Unless you keep missing them you'll be grand. I usually missed once every year or so for whatever reason. Don't worry about it at all.

Oh and make sure you update thme with your number (they might have taken it down wrong).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Ahaha you'll be grand :)

Even if you did miss it (which I don't think you did, I'll explain in a second), they won't care. Just go down tomorrow and explain at the reception.

It still tells me to sign on today (on the docket at the PO) but the text says tomorrow and has done for the last 6 months or so.

In either case go down tomorrow at your normal signing on time (so if you signed on last time in the morning, go then, if not go to the afternoon). Worse case scenario you'll be told to go back to late sing and best case scenario you'll be told to go sign on tomorrow.

Honestly, they won't give a flying feck at all :) It's only when you start missing it on occasion that they'll notice it. I'm not saying it's okay to miss it or anything but missing it once a year is honestly not going to spark the radar. Unless you keep missing them you'll be grand. I usually missed once every year or so for whatever reason. Don't worry about it at all.

Oh and make sure you update thme with your number (they might have taken it down wrong).

They do make a note of it. My cousing missed three times and they put him on WEEKLY siginings. Think he has appealed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

phoenix999 wrote: »
    They do make a note of it. My cousing missed three times and they put him on WEEKLY siginings. Think he has appealed it.

I know they make a note of it. I've missed one at least once a year I think. Missing two or three in a row is an issue, one every year or so is fine.

Advertisement