Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetes patient

Options
  • 07-08-2012 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have just been newly diagonised with type 1 diabetes. I just want ask if it is advisable for me to work as a kitchen porter? I know the job takes much energy,but my fear is i might be having frequently hypo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

People with diabetes (even type 1's) can do whatever they want to do. You might have to plan your day so that you are never without some glucose one pocket and your testing kit in the other. You'll get to know how your body will handle this job and you should be able to eliminate most of your hypos, if any occur.
    You're lucky that you have a job where you get a good workout - most of us are struggling to fit a workout in:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

You will be grand! Just have a bottle of lucozade on a shelf near by at all times and you will be laughing. You will get into a routine with your shots and meals when you have had it a while and you wont even worry about hypos in work after that.

Advertisement