Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGDE scotland funding

Options
  • 07-08-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Has anyone any information about funding and fee paying in Scotland? I was offered a place on a course now i have to decide to take it or not and I'm trying to sort out the financial side of things...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aimsir Bia

rothai wrote: »
    Has anyone any information about funding and fee paying in Scotland? I was offered a place on a course now i have to decide to take it or not and I'm trying to sort out the financial side of things...

Did you manage to access funding or could you point me in the right direction in.terms of accessing relevant information?

Many Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 funkypumpkins

Hi Aimsir Bia,
    Went through you threads. I am training as a secondary teacher in the UK but in England. AFAIK, Scotland is only free fees. Though, in England, if you have a priority subject, like mine (languages), you get £26,000 over the year (roughly £2,200 a month and then at two points in the year £4,000) and when budgeted right and choosing the right place to live ( I live in the North, for example, it is doable. https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvNuX6eWw2gIVQUsNCh3T-w0uEAAYASAAEgKJNvD_BwE. ;
    This applies to EU nationals and the disclaimer is there. Though I am Irish with British Citizenship, the admin is a lot easier. Feel free to PM if you need info. Though, the PGCE will only pemit you to work in England and you will need to wok post training for a year to register offiicially before you can apply to Scotland. Good luck!

Advertisement