Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping google giving my email out?

Options
  • 07-08-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently setup a gmail account for work related business only. I don't want it linked to anyone else at all apart from work related people. I got an email from google there the other day with the 'some people you may know' header giving me a list of my friends (who I don't want to be linked to) who I can add to my circles. I know there's no escape from google really so this really didn't surprise me that they'd be able to pull these people from somewhere but my issue is are these people also getting emails with me in it? Is there a way I can stop this if it is the case? First time I've ever really been irked at the whole invasion of privacy issue :mad:.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's for google+ not gmail. All they'll be able to do is add you to a circle on google+. They can't see your email address. I think you can delete your google+ profile and just use gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

They can't see your email address..
    That seems to be true actually. That's a load off I suppose.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you want to disable google+ (which should prevent them sending emails to others that might know you) then go here (https://www.google.com/settings/plus) and it's at the bottom of the page.

Advertisement