Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nagios mail and sms notification doesn't work

Options
  • 07-08-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I am currently testing Nagios (FAN) with Centcore monitoring tool in the company I work for, I have installed 2 virtual machines for 'poller' (collector) and a database, then I also have 'central' on a physical host. There's a 3G Voda modem connected to this host. Monitoring itself is fine I am very happy with the way it works, however I have some difficulties sending notifications out to either emails or mobile phones. The process is running as 'nagios' user, notifications are set up and should trigger as soon as conditions are met. For email notification it's mail/sendmail command and for sms notification it's either sendsms or gammu (both are installed and configured). I spent some time troubleshooting it, but didn't manage to make it work as a notif. If I log in through terminal as nagios user and execute commands (and arguments) manually there it all works fine but not as notifications triggering the same commands in Centreon. Logs don't suggest anything. Any ideas?

Advertisement