Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wargaming buy BigWorld for $45m

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

This is good news, yeah? They now can improve the game engine to suit their own titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

tis good news alright, I am just wishing for multi core support and bigger maps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It certainly means that Wargaming can dictate the future of BigWorld to suit their needs first and foremost. Though it'll take quite a while before it pays off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

kingtiger wrote: »

Multi-core is coming, and fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Multi-core is coming, and fairly soon.

waiting for it since closed beta so have grown weary of WGs promises, so hope you don't mind me taking that with a pinch of salt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Aye,

Maps like Malinovka where you start more or less already in contact with the enemy are way too small.

I'm also love support for larger battles. I.e: 20 vs 20 or 30 vs 30.

That would go some way to evening out the matchmaking, and making it less likely that entire teams will be comprised of failbots.

I dream of a day where no more will i kill 6 tanks and still lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

waiting for it since closed beta so have grown weary of WGs promises, so hope you don't mind me taking that with a pinch of salt

Multicore isn't going to be making any real difference to how the game performs.

Running a i7 @ 3.2ghtz and one core has me with all settings maxed out.....

Improving graphics would in my mind pay more dividends.

Even max settings with improved graphics turned on at 65fps, the game still looks quite shoddy.

Advertisement