Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-depressant - Effexor EX - Withdrawl

Options
  • 07-08-2012 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping this isn't considered "seeking medical advice" and won't clash with the Charter.

I'm not looking for medical advice really, merely if people can confirm and share their experience on my problem.

I have been on Effexor XL (venlafaxine) at a dose of one 150mg capsule per day for the last 2 years for anxiety and depression. I am a 24 year old male. Last weekend my prescription expired, I forgot to renew on the Friday and couldn't get my medication until today (Tuesday) since the doctors was closed Sat-Monday due to Bank Holiday weekend.

Long story short, I ended up missing yesterday's (one day's) dose and didn't get to take my medication until midday today which means that about a day and a half went by with no dose.

All day today, I have been feeling dizzy and light-headed and a marked increase in anxiety is there. I am wondering if you think this is as a result of a single missing dose or something else.

In otherwords, is it possible for my body to miss ONE DOSE after 2 years unfailing medication? I have heard effexor is hard to come off, but can one day have such marked withdrawal issues?

Thanks all.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement