Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long to wait for notification?

Options
  • 07-08-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i put in all my papers to sign on last week and i'm just wondering how long does it take till you are notified if you were accepted or not? a friend of mine told me he wasn't told for nearly 10 weeks. i thought that was a bit much in all fairness.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

mollybird wrote: »
    hi,
    i put in all my papers to sign on last week and i'm just wondering how long does it take till you are notified if you were accepted or not? a friend of mine told me he wasn't told for nearly 10 weeks. i thought that was a bit much in all fairness.

thanks

If its jobseekers allowance then it may take that long as its a means tested payment and it would also depend on the work load in the office. While you are waiting for your claim to be processed you can go to your local community welfare officer and apply for supplementary welfare allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

if i apply for the supplementary one which i think i did tick the box for, how long you think that might take to be put through?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

mollybird wrote: »
    hi,

thanks

I'd say it depends on where you apply and the office workload and things.

I had an appointment with the social welfare inspector in Cork on June 13th and still haven't heard back..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Rang the welfare office today and they actually answered the phone which I was fairly surprised about! :P

The guy I was talking to said it would take at least 3 months from my appointment with the social welfare inspector to hear back.. Like eastbono said, he also said I could go to the community welfare officer in the meantime..

A friend of mine went to the office a week before I did and he heard back 2 weeks ago so hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer! Even though it's ''only'' been 2 months since my appointment..

Advertisement