Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renewing my learner permit

Options
  • 07-08-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Okay so I've been on a learner permit for ages. Mainly because when I was young I decided to get my learner permit and never bothered to learn how to drive. Then I renewed my learner permit and pretty much wasted that one too but had to do a test to get another learner permit. I was completely unprepared and unsurprisingly failed the test. Got another 2 year learner permit but then went traveling and now that permit has expired. Can I get another learner permit before I need to do the test? I know I can get a one year permit if I just apply to do the test but I'm absolutely terrified of doing it after the trauma of the first one!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The fact you have sat a test and failed it. Just show proof you have done that but you did that when you renewed your last permit. How soon ago did you sit the test? Think you have a two year window even if you renewed it soon after the test, you can get another one for two years if you have sat and failed a test in a two year period. Contact RSA to confirm that though.

Just apply again, get a test date you don't have to sit it if you don't feel prepared to do it. You can just show proof of acknowledgement that you are going to sit a test. Best to show a letter stating a test date when renewing your license. Best to have a test date than just an acknowledgement of having applied. You can always cancel the test. Though you can only cancel the test two times.

Advertisement