Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bunratty castle - where is best to stay?

Options
  • 07-08-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

There is three of us planning on going to the bunratty banquet thing and was wondering where would be the best place to stay.

Hostel /cheap accomodation is what i was looking for that is not to far of a taxi ride away from bunratty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Bunratty Manor Hotel? plenty of B&Bs around too, or Limerick city is only 20 mins drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Jamaica Inn Hostel in Sixmilebridge is a short taxi ride away.

A taxi would be under a €10.
    Paddy's Taxi Sixmilebridge
    086 8889884

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Try to sneak into one of the rooms with beds inside the castle.
    Mind you, they're only wooden boxes with straw and the service sucks.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sorry for reviving an old thread but rather than create a new one.. Right I am in co-houts looking at heading to Bunratty Halloween weekend, will have the two kids and just wondering there is one place in town charging 190 for a twin and adjoining room or another the Bunratty Mews just outside town I think for 110 family room.. Had anyone been to any of these places with kids.. Not bothered about breakfast or anything like that as we are bad at mornings. Just wondering which would be better or anyone else any recommendations. Was hoping for something close to the Castle/Town so we could walk at ease but then if the Mews isnt too far is the savings worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

I wouldn't. They have been accused of abusing the Irish wolfhounds they had so badly, one had to be put down and the other was abandoned to a shelter.

then they got two new pups.

Then they blocked everyone who questioned them on social media about the previous dogs.

Avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Bunratty mews is only a short walk to the village and castle so it's pretty much perfect. There are plenty of b and bs on that road so you'll be spoilt for choice.

Enjoy Bunratty. Its a brilliant, well run tourist attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

apart from the animal abuse. don't support them.

What animal abuse whats the sca with this one..

Thanks opionated I was looking it up online and it looked further away so good to know.. Yeah in fairness we had not been there for years, called recently and ended up getting the membership as it was so good for the kids and just somewhere nice and safe to go with them

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I saw that story myself a few weeks ago on Reddit, and I see that the original post there has been deleted, but the comments are still there. There is a response attributed to the castle, which I found elsewhere

The reddit post is here

and the response is here.

I'd be surprised if animals were not being offered the best levels of care there really. A dog isn't a difficult animal to keep, and the cost of care can't be much in comparison to everything else going on at the site.

Ohhh so sad to read this and defiantly not good.. I never saw the dogs there, but we went down for this carnival weekend and they had a mum and puppy there.. In a field more or less and yeah I would say they didnt look too happy, if I had any type of dog I would not keep it like that. Had only been once before so not sure were they just there for the day that was in it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement