Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marquee hire...help!

Options
  • 07-08-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Having a small gathering (about 30 people) to celebrate a big birthday and thinking about hiring a marquee...problem is I have never hired one before and would like to know something about them before I start phoning companies looking for quotes. My questions are:
    a) do you need to have grass...(I don't have any) I do have a large garden area though that is slabbed.
    b) what kind of size would I be looking for to seat 30 people for dinner...and still have a bit of manoeuvring space...(for accessibility)
    c) do they come with tables and chairs
    d) is there anything else I should know
    e) ballpark figure for marquee, tables and chairs and anything I haven't thought about!

I did see that you can buy a marquee for about 180 euro what would you think about that...as in the trouble to erect it as opposed to someone coming along and doing it for you.

Would very much appreciate advice - so thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

pollyie wrote: »
    Having a small gathering (about 30 people) to celebrate a big birthday and thinking about hiring a marquee...problem is I have never hired one before and would like to know something about them before I start phoning companies looking for quotes. My questions are:
    a) do you need to have grass...(I don't have any) I do have a large garden area though that is slabbed.
    b) what kind of size would I be looking for to seat 30 people for dinner...and still have a bit of manoeuvring space...(for accessibility)
    c) do they come with tables and chairs
    d) is there anything else I should know
    e) ballpark figure for marquee, tables and chairs and anything I haven't thought about!

I did see that you can buy a marquee for about 180 euro what would you think about that...as in the trouble to erect it as opposed to someone coming along and doing it for you.

Would very much appreciate advice - so thank you in advance.

Had a marquee wedding a few years back, cant recommend Al Fresco marquee out the Croom direction enough

to answer your questions

a) no need for grass - if your renting one they will have floors
    b) they will come out to your site and tell you
    c) no - you can rent them plus everything else you need from caterhire on the Tipp road
    d & e)the bad news now, they are quite expensive to rent, a multiple of the 180e you quoted for a DIY one, but you do get what you pay for with the rented ones.

google 'Al Fresco Marquee' for an idea of what you get for the money

good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ogie56

we O'Donovan Marquees in Birdhill...reasonable enuf...we too used Caterhire...they supply everything!

Advertisement