Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land registry for apartment

Options
  • 07-08-2012 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

HI -

Does anyone know what drawings require to be submitted for land registry of an apartment?

Clearly the OS map for a house or site outline the site but for an apartment I am thinking we will need all of the floor plans and a site-plan along with the OS map?

all advice appreciated,

Barry
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Appendices 4, 5a,5b & 6 here have all the relevant information

http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/Legal_Professional_Customers/Mapping%20Guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ArchNomad

Is it a new apartment development or first registration of an existing apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cheekybarry

ArchNomad wrote: »
    Is it a new apartment development or first registration of an existing apartment?

HI, it's an existing apt, built 2004, first reg, thanks - Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ArchNomad

HI, it's an existing apt, built 2004, first reg, thanks - Barry.

You need to refer to Appendix 5(a) as suggested by Supertech.
    There are relaxations in the requirements where apartments pre-date compulsory registration. If you're registering an individual apartment, you will need to obtain floor plans for the apartment and outline/inline as appropriate. (Appendix gives guidance on drawings that will be accepted where architects drawings are unavailable). Give full accurate address and indicate building on a Land Registry Compliant Map.
    Full multi-storey scheme map requirements are not applied in older properties. Speak to Land Registry before submission.

Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭descol

I saw this thread and have a question if anyone can help ?

Section 5 of the PRA notices states that datum levels need to be noted on maps - Is there a way to do this without engaging the services of a surveyor and equipment etc ?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭muffler

descol wrote: »

Section 5 of the PRA notices states that datum levels need to be noted on maps - Is there a way to do this without engaging the services of a surveyor and equipment etc ?
    thanks
    Well, can you suggest any other way?

is there an app ?

There won't be an app that's accurate enough to give the information necessary to the required tolerances. Normally an apartment development won't be too far from either an old benchmark or from an OS spot level. If this isn't the case then a surveyor is the only way to go.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

If you can access the original planning files/drawings, and you know what you are looking for, it might be quite an easy way of getting levels (assuming of course development was carried out in accordance with plans submitted!). Usually all levels on planning drawings will or should be related back to some sort of or spot level or datum point.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Usually all levels on planning drawings will or should be related back to some sort of or spot level or datum point.

This is not guaranteed to be Ordnance Survey datum DOC, and therefore won't be suitable for Land Registry purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supertech wrote: »
    This is not guaranteed to be Ordnance Survey datum DOC, and therefore won't be suitable for Land Registry purposes.

Sure, absolutley, but that's why I said you need to know what you are looking for (where levels have been taken from should be noted somewhere on planning drawings - there may be a spot point/benchmark off OS datum and all other levels may be relative to this so easy enough to work out).

Could be worth a shot/looking at as some/most Dublin LAs would have drawings/planning files online from 2002 on.

A 'profesional' is going to have to sign off on the Land Registry Map so they, obviously, would have to satisfy themselves that levels are a relative reflection of the property in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭muffler

descol wrote: »

thanks
    I think from the replies above (which also confirm my view) you will have to use a wee bit of WD40 on the wallet and get yourself a professional ;)

thanks for all the helpful replies - anyone with recommendations re - a professional - please pm me
    thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

DOCARCH wrote: »
    If you can access the original planning files/drawings, and you know what you are looking for, it might be quite an easy way of getting levels (assuming of course development was carried out in accordance with plans submitted!). Usually all levels on planning drawings will or should be related back to some sort of or spot level or datum point.

for one, i certainly would not be relying on the accuracy of planning drawing levels ;)

i know of many cases of, "sure it looks like its 'x' above the road" type of *ahem* measurements offered.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    for one, i certainly would not be relying on the accuracy of planning drawing levels ;)

i know of many cases of, "sure it looks like its 'x' above the road" type of *ahem* measurements offered.

Very true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Its called visual leveling!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

No6 wrote: »
    Its called visual leveling!!!:D
    It didn't take you long to adopt to local authority practices !:D

Advertisement