Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM104 Recorded show

Options
  • 07-08-2012 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

At the bank holiday, its fair enough to have a recorded show. Last night, the FM104 Phoneshow started with Adrian and his recorded message saying he would be presenting the best of the Phoneshow that night. After the break the clip that was played was one I had heard at least twice before and had been from early 2011. As if it couldn't get worse, there were mentions about the horrible weather on the show and Jeremy insisted IT WAS GOOD IN SOME PLACES, to indicate the show would be recorded for a later date and to keep it as generic as possible. There was reference to an ad played at the break and a sweeper that used the Scottish v/o Julie Love. Julie was replaced in May 2011 and furthermore replaced in July 2012. I don't mind recorded shows, but playing one that was recorded 1 1/2 years ago and has been played before is not on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Perhaps you are listening to too much of this rubbish??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Rubbish is the perfect description for it.

Stopped listening years ago because i got sick of the same tired old topics being served up constantly.

Such topics as... culchies vs dubs - who is better? northsiders vs southsiders - who is better? and the always much debated... why dublin taxi drivers are great.

Turn the dial Gavin, you will thank us for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Access wrote: »
    Rubbish is the perfect description for it.

Stopped listening years ago because i got sick of the same tired old topics being served up constantly.

Such topics as... culchies vs dubs - who is better? northsiders vs southsiders - who is better? and the always much debated... why dublin taxi drivers are great.

Turn the dial Gavin, you will thank us for it!

I've heard too much of that slagging towards the show before but I just want some light entertainment on weeknights, I've tried to listen to the alternatives but they're just not the same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

gavindowd wrote: »
    I've heard too much of that slagging towards the show before but I just want some light entertainment on weeknights, I've tried to listen to the alternatives but they're just not the same :(

Which 'alternatives'? :) Didn't think there was anything quite like the AK show on the Irish airwaves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Bard wrote: »
    Which 'alternatives'? :) Didn't think there was anything quite like the AK show on the Irish airwaves...

Niall Boylan is quite good on 4FM if you can pick it up in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭win2one

Another reason not to listen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

FM104 in general is a load of me sack.

I've picked up on Iradio a lot lately.

not so much available in dublin but i have it non the less.

9.30pm onwards its your man and woman. he just sexually harasses her for the show and take the piss.

Galway player, lol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

really went down hill after Chris left...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Kensington wrote: »
    Niall Boylan is quite good on 4FM if you can pick it up in your area.

Listened once but never again, and I mean it!:mad:

Advertisement