Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Certificate Music Practical Help or Clarification?

Options
  • 06-08-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi! I'll be doing my LC next year, and I'm doing Music, having done theABRSM grades up to six in both piano and theory.
    So, my question regards the practical exam. I didn't do music for the JC, soI'm a little confused. I only play piano (but I play it A LOT), so I'mwondering what exactly I can do. I'm doing Higher Level by the way.
    I know that you are required to do a 12 minute performance, but my problem isthat all my impressive pieces are at least 4 minutes each. I see some peoplesaying I need at least six, others saying 4, and others saying as much as you'dlike as long as you get variety and keep with 12 minutes.
    Can I do 4 pieces, each 3-4 minutes long, or do I need 6?
    I find the curriculum guides to be quite confusing when I try to find out fromthem.

Advertisement