Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing claim?

Options
  • 06-08-2012 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

how do i change from carers allowance to job seekers?and will i lose out on money while waiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

how do i change from carers allowance to job seekers?and will i lose out on money while waiting?

I am presuming the person you were caring for is not longer in need of care. Go to you sw office and apply for jobseekers... that is presuming you meet the criteria e.g. you are actively looking for full time work. Once you have made your claim for jobseekers you can go to your community welfare office and apply for supplementary welfare allowance until you jobseekers is processed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 liverpool321

well i'm hoping to get in to a FAS course or job bridge so should i just apply for them at the same time as changing my claim?i know it says you have to signing for 3 months but if i'm offered a course or an internship i don't think they are likely to turn me away just because i haven't been signing?especially as i have been receiving welfare.

Thanks for the help by the way :)

well i'm hoping to get in to a FAS course or job bridge so should i just apply for them at the same time as changing my claim?i know it says you have to signing for 3 months but if i'm offered a course or an internship i don't think they are likely to turn me away just because i haven't been signing?especially as i have been receiving welfare.

Thanks for the help by the way :)

In order to partake in a jobbridge internship you have to be in receipt of the qualifying sw payment for 78 days afaik carers allowance is not a such a payment and you will not be able to start a jobbridge internship until you are in payment for 78 days. With regard to Fas course you can partake in the fas course but afaik they will not pay you unless you have been receiving a qualifying sw payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 liverpool321

so im just going to have to sit around and do nothing for 3 months?unable to get a work without a qualification or experience :/?

so im just going to have to sit around and do nothing for 3 months?unable to get a work without a qualification or experience :/?

In a nutshell yes but you also need to be looking for full time work while you are receiving jobseekers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement