Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a claim?

Options
  • 06-08-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

It's been a while since I had to make a claim so I wondered if anyone here could advise me because my community welfare officer doesn't answer the phone & I haven't had much luck getting in touch with my local SWO by phone either.

I just finished a Community Employment scheme, well technically I am on 2 weeks holidays but I will be officially off their books on the 17th of August. Any way I wondered if there was any way I could start my claim process now rather than waiting till the 17th? I already have my P45 from work but it is dated the 17th & I am not sure if this will be a problem? I am pretty anxious about it because I need to have money coming in & I heard that alot of claims can take up to 6 weeks & I don't know what I will do in the meantime.

So any help and advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

LauraK80 wrote: »
    It's been a while since I had to make a claim so I wondered if anyone here could advise me because my community welfare officer doesn't answer the phone & I haven't had much luck getting in touch with my local SWO by phone either.

I just finished a Community Employment scheme, well technically I am on 2 weeks holidays but I will be officially off their books on the 17th of August. Any way I wondered if there was any way I could start my claim process now rather than waiting till the 17th? I already have my P45 from work but it is dated the 17th & I am not sure if this will be a problem? I am pretty anxious about it because I need to have money coming in & I heard that alot of claims can take up to 6 weeks & I don't know what I will do in the meantime.

So any help and advice would be appreciated :)

if your p45 states 17th august then you cannot apply for jobseekers or supplementary welfare allowance until then as you are obviously receiving holiday pay up until that date. On the 18th go to sw office and make you claim for jobseekers once this is registered on the system you can apply for supplementary welfare allowance until you jobseekers is processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LauraK80

Thank you so much for your help. :)

Advertisement