Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Lion Airplay Mirroring Awkwardness

Options
  • 06-08-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Just got my MBP 13 and have discovered a mild annoyance in mirroring.

everytime i airplay to my ATV2 my screen resolution changes and i have to manually select "best for apple tv". then when i'm done, and i switch off mirroring the resolution changes again and i have to manually select "best for in built display"

can't it be set to remember my defaults?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just got my MBP 13 and have discovered a mild annoyance in mirroring.

everytime i airplay to my ATV2 my screen resolution changes and i have to manually select "best for apple tv". then when i'm done, and i switch off mirroring the resolution changes again and i have to manually select "best for in built display"

can't it be set to remember my defaults?

It's supposed to be automatic and switch between them when you turn it off and on. Mine didn't work the first time but has been since. It's just a bug that will probably be fixed in a future update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Mine doesn't work correctly at all re: resolutions regardless of what option I pick in display settings. I think it hates my 720p AppleTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I have the ATV 3 btw. Maybe it's a glitch with the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

DubDJ wrote: »
    I have the ATV 3 btw. Maybe it's a glitch with the 2.

could be. mine is also jailbroken but i doubt that would affect my macbook. oh well, i'll just wait for a fix so....

Advertisement