Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"An iconic star will be appearing in Doctor Who......"

Options
  • 06-08-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭

According to Dr Who twitter....... Richard E Grant

215918.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is this the first time someone who has played the Doctor in semi official media has appeared after as another role?

Assuming it IS another role...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah, the lost 9th Doctor. Though from what I recall of his sole, animated story, it wasn't very good to begin with. I'm sure it'll just be a random guest-part... right?

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ah, the lost 9th Doctor. Though from what I recall of his sole, animated story, it wasn't very good to begin with. I'm sure it'll just be a random guest-part... right?

Well, I started watching it on youtube and lost interest tbh. Should prob give it another go. I mean, I'm a TF fan, bad animation is no barrier to me.

And yes, I hope it's not some knowing nod :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Strangely, the Guardian online is reporting he's to play a villain in the Xmas special, but that's not mentioned in the press release. Weird.

He's a good actor, but he doesn't exactly have a lot of range: I'm guessing he'll play someone slightly posh & slightly creepy ...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

He's played the Doctor twice now unofficially. Next they'll throw in Joanna Lumley :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,919 ✭✭✭✭flazio

pixelburp wrote: »

Why not judge for yourself.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/shalka/
    Interesting how Sir David Jacobi is voicing the Master in this, considering where he went in canon.

flazio wrote: »
    Why not judge for yourself.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/shalka/
    Interesting how Sir David Jacobi is voicing the Master in this, considering where he went in canon.
    Didn't I already? Cheers for the link, but had dug it out beforehand to remind myself of it and yeah - it still stinks. The Master as the resident pet in particular was just a bit ... weird.

Did we have a thread talking about the semi official Doctors before? I seem to recall one. It might be dead interesting for newer people with the new series (Eastenders could be canon, lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Does this mean I have to accept Hugh Grant as a Dr?? *shudders*

Did we have a thread talking about the semi official Doctors before? I seem to recall one. It might be dead interesting for newer people with the new series (Eastenders could be canon, lol)

There was a series of (mostly half-decent) Big Finish audios doing a line in unofficial, what-if? Doctors. In fact, the ubiquitous Derek Jacobi played the Doc in one of them.

Ah yes, here they are:
    http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/released/doctor-who---unbound

Of particular note was #2, where David Warner played the third Doctor, instead of Pertwee, with the Brig as his companion, and he arrives years later than he should have & in the aftermath of all the invasions he wasn't around to stop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement