Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Tralee

Options
  • 06-08-2012 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

How about a tread listing all the food outlets in Tralee with a short comment as I see people always asking if a mod could maybe make it a sticky post it would be great and just edit posts to keep them short ???

Bella bia
    Italian restaurant very good early bird till seven

Pizza time
    Classic old style pizza

Fish works
    Fish cafe bar early bird till seven

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The Snackery, The Mall - Small diner with downstairs and upstairs seating. Good for breakfast meals.

An Pota Stoir, Meadowlands Hotel ; Oakpark - Great food but very pricey.

O'Donnell's Bar & Restaurant, Mounthawk - Well established place renowned for their steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

D'Arcy's Bistro Barrack lane

Bella Bia is good too

Galleys is good again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Cassidy's restaurant is good - they do a good early bird menu

Station House in Blennerville isn't bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Uno's - lovely restaurant, great service, lovely food and great value (Italian food, early bird and evening menu, take away menu also) Opens at 5 till late, opens early on Sundays I think.

La Scala - very nice food and good service (Italian food, served most of the day).

Pizza Time is a nice place to eat as well for good value (Italian food, serve most of the day, take away menu as well).

The Daily Grind is nice as well, great value for lunch/dinner for a main course, nice coffee shop/cafe.

Tequilas is nice as well lovely food (Mexian/TexMex food, only evening/night menu, doesn't open until 5pm I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

hi lads, is there a nice indian for myself and a good chinese for herself in tralee. will be there at the end of the month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

There is an Indian Restaurant - Indian Castle Restaurant on Castle Street.

There are a couple of Chinese Restaurants some may have closed down but have been in one of them and it was nice it was Sunshine Palace on Castle Street.

The other ones I can think of are City Palace, Rose Garden, The Dragon Inn are in the centre of town. Pagoda is out by Manor West.

There are a lot of Italian restaurants though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

doovdela wrote: »
    There is an Indian Restaurant - Indian Castle Restaurant on Castle Street.

There are a couple of Chinese Restaurants some may have closed down but have been in one of them and it was nice it was Sunshine Palace on Castle Street.

The other ones I can think of are City Palace, Rose Garden, The Dragon Inn are in the centre of town. Pagoda is out by Manor West.

There are a lot of Italian restaurants though.

There is another Indian on Edward STreet, opposite the post office. I don't eat Indian, but people I know who do have eaten there and say its really good.

For Chinese, I'd definitely recommend Pagoda up in Manor, beside McDonalds, I love it!
    There's a great Thai Restaurant at the back of Garvey's, just beside Domino's Pizza, Tamarind Thai, or there's Genting Thai in beside the Courthouse in Ashe St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    There is another Indian on Edward STreet, opposite the post office. I don't eat Indian, but people I know who do have eaten there and say its really good.

+1
    Better than the Indian Castle IMHO. It looks a little scruffy but the food there is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Anyone going to D'Arcy's in Barack lane, has to try the rock streak. In all my years I've never seen anything like it. Its served almost raw on a volcanic rock and you cook it to your own liking! One of the nicest steaks I've every eaten

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

@admiralofthefleet

I can second Sunshine Palace on Castle St, you won't be disappointed.

Pagoda in Manor West is lovely too but probably the wrong side of town if you're staying towards Banna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I think both Indians are excellent. The dishes do differ in both restaurants but I think this is more down to regional variations rather than quality, which is great !
    xxyyzz wrote: »
    +1
    Better than the Indian Castle IMHO. It looks a little scruffy but the food there is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I used always go to the Edward Court but it has disimproved drastically over the last number of months.

Delivery is a disaster over two hours late on occasion with no apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

this has already been done

has anyone been to Denny Lane at night for tapas? I think we may be going there in the next couple of weeks, so looking forward to it :)

Advertisement