Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking tattoo apprenticeship without tattoos

Options
  • 05-08-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was just wondering how tattoo artists will view a person seeking a tattoo apprenticeship without any tattoos?

I've personally seen them being done before, I know it's what I want to do with my life and I'm already working on a portfolio but Its just I have yet to come across a design or idea that I want tattooed on myself. I do plan on getting one in the future.

If you're a tattoo artist or apprentice I would love your insight and advice if you have any. Or if you have friends who are, if you could give them a quick ask and get back to me?

I just want to have an idea of what to expect when I approach a tattoo artist in my situation.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Boris from Hungary is one of the worlds best and doesn't have a single tattoo himself. Its very very rare though, I'd find it hard to believe you have any enthusiasm for the job if you haven't got a tattoo yourself.

You may have seen one being done but you don't know what it feels like, you wouldn't be able to tell a customer what to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Melion wrote: »
    Boris from Hungary is one of the worlds best and doesn't have a single tattoo himself. Its very very rare though, I'd find it hard to believe you have any enthusiasm for the job if you haven't got a tattoo yourself.

You may have seen one being done but you don't know what it feels like, you wouldn't be able to tell a customer what to expect.

This. I've not seen any myself, though it wouldn't put me off, you'd stand out more if anything.

Also don't be discouraged if someone wont take you on because you've no tattoos yet, let your portfolio speak for you and don't rush to be covered in tattoos to fit in with the artists you see, that'd defeat the whole purpose.

Advertisement