Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

softmod wii

Options
  • 05-08-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

alri lads i download the files for the 4.2u put when i go in to the sd card it fezzes.. wats wrongs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

kevin-46 wrote: »
    alri lads i download the files for the 4.2u put when i go in to the sd card it fezzes.. wats wrongs

I could be wrong here, but I think we're gonna need slightly more info

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

about 1 year ago i try to flash it and it wouldnt work now the i thought i give it a bash again want to update to 4.3 it wont cause it simi brick from last time and got the error 32004 so i was told to hole down reset i got in to the setting for install iso and installer and i got into multi mod manager where i can install stuff all i want to to i unstalled the old iso and now its updating to 4.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What files?
    What versions?
    What freezes? The pc or the Wii?
    What firmware is your Wii already on?
    What are you trying to do exactly?
    about 1 year ago i try to flash it and it wouldnt work now the i thought i give it a bash again want to update to 4.3 it wont cause it simi brick from last time and got the error 32004 so i was told to hole down reset i got in to the setting for install iso and installer and i got into multi mod manager where i can install stuff all i want to to i unstalled the old iso and now its updating to 4.3

So now it's 4.3? As opposed to 4.2 in the thread title?
    So the Wii is semi bricked from a previous failed update?
    What do you mean by semi-bricked? What can it do/not do?
    So your able to boot into an install menu by holding reset?
    What menu is this exactly? What options have you got?
    So rather than trying to soft-mod, your trying to virginise & update to 4.3?

As you can see, it's rather impossible to help you without an idea of where your at or what your doing. The thread title & the questions you've asked on thread seem to contradict. I'm not trying to be funny here but I've still no idea what your problem is or what your trying to do really, if anyone else can help they're a better man than me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

its back to normal 4.3u so goin to flash it late will keep uses update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

its back to normal 4.3u so goin to flash it late will keep uses update
    Borat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

This babble vaguely rings a bell from when I first softmodded my Wii with Twilight hack and NUSD for offline WADs. I managed to screw up the placement of files on the SD so I could trigger whatever the vulnerability was (I remember it as "wii goes berzerk when you open the SD menu" but I'm sure there's a technical term for it :) ) but it never followed through and loaded the Homebrew launcher.

I also banjaxed my Wii to a certain degree while muddling through to where it wouldn't play certain titles for example and blacks out when launching others - is that the kind of thing you're talking about?

If you're at a point where you can launch MMM, just remember not to add the patches to any of the IOSes except 36, ignore the Korean ones, don't delete anything < 200 and get D2X installed on 249 (Seperate installer for that, I think). Ideally, try to do this with a live network connection downloading the files from Nintendo as you go, it's far easier than moving the SD back and forth from Wii to PC, you're less likely to miss an IOS out.

Advertisement