Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OUTDOOR v.s. INDOOR

Options
  • 05-08-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I started off playing more indoor but find the games very limited and simular in the office block/ tallaght cqb.,vacant .

I've been playing more outdoor games now though and find it myself much more enjoyable.

I want to know youre take on this and we can put up a pro and con list ill
    kick it off.

Pro's Outdoor- fresh air , soft ground ,better trace of bb's,no single fire rules(some sites) generally more space,spacious.

Con's Cutdoor-games get called off,grass gets waterlogged,sun can shine in youre eyes (its terrible),wooden structures/cover decay.gas pistols dont function well.

Pro's Indoor- weather doesent affect game ,gas pistols function flawlessly,cqb combat - if you like it but i dont.easy to find youre grenades if youre throwing them.

Cons Indoor- lack of space ,- my personal view,hard ground - no tumbling ,sore feet .to many players indoor for the space they have.

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOURE OWN ILL PUT THEM UP FOR OTHERS.

indoor or outdoor which is better 20 votes

Indoor
    0% 0 votes
    Outdoor
    30% 6 votes
    Both Doors
    70% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

I'll say both doors simply because I play alot in Tallaght CQB but my utmost preference is outdoors by a long shot. The variety of games you can play outdoor can be endless, a good well run outdoor site, there's nothing like it really!

I play mostly indoors because my job restricts me from playing weekends so a wed night in Tallaght CQB is handy, well run plus on the most part I find it good craic and it can be pretty intense at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I voted for both doors.

I much prefer outdoor, more game types, can be a lot more stealthy.

I like indoor for a change now and again. A lot more intense, up close and personal fire fights. I personally like the semi only rule that Tallaght CQB use.
    It works and stops unnecessary overkill.

Of course the perfect airsoft site would have everything; forests, hills, fields, lake, river and a small town as well:D (pipe dreams of course)

Rooky1 wrote: »
    I voted for both doors.

I much prefer outdoor, more game types, can be a lot more stealthy.

I like indoor for a change now and again. A lot more intense, up close and personal fire fights. I personally like the semi only rule that Tallaght CQB use.
    It works and stops unnecessary overkill.

Of course the perfect airsoft site would have everything; forests, hills, fields, lake, river and a small town as well:D (pipe dreams of course)

Berget have all that and more, not a pipe dream my friend. It might cost you a family holiday and expensive diamonds but in the end it's worth every penny:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

jayod30 wrote: »
    Berget have all that and more,
    Where is this euthopia you speak of?

Personally the outdoor. It allows you to work around to your objective and flank the other team from various points. Also as I found out this weekend a site you're very familiar with is suddenly alien soil when the sun goesdown. Got my ass lost in fingal at dark mist and missed a path leading a few of us into a mud pit and also nearly walked into the river lol

I like cqb but I find if its a static internal structure then it becomes familiar, regulars know how to hold an area and in some cases there's one maybe two avenues of approach, outdoors if you can get your ass under\through it then its a valid path to your objective.

Ideally I'd love a mix one that has a large varied outdoor with a mixed level good sized indoor so you could set up games where one team hold down the outside and have to fall back to the building and the others firstly assault the outside then have to storm and clear a good sized building. If you could mix fingal, red barn for the outdoor (hill woodland with mixed stone structures trenche,fox holes and that river)and combine that with vacant and tallaght for the indoor (factory floor on one level and office space upstairs, divided in two by a walkway) that would be golden

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Berget have all that and more,
    Faolchu wrote: »
    Where is this euthopia you speak of?

Berget is an event series; not a site. Apples & Oranges.

I like cqb but I find if its a static internal structure then it becomes familiar, regulars know how to hold an area and in some cases there's one maybe two avenues of approach, outdoors if you can get your ass under\through it then its a valid path to your objective.

There is always more than one way to approach any given scenario; even where said scenario has one room with one door and nothing else. Complacency breeds carelessness.

Personally, I like both sets of environments. Each has its own skillset that needs applied, it's own challenges, & it's own merits & drawbacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

The venues that Berget uses are of course perfect I'm sure but, a local site with all that is perfection!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Outdoors and indoors is not an accurate distinction, at all. Put a roof over RedBarn and it becomes an enclosed 'indoor' site - the important distinction is CQB or field/forest play.

Now, which is better? What regard are we viewing 'better'? It is a loaded term, one based solely on personal preference, which in itself is based on circumstance and situation. What you prefer and why is down to mood and expectation, so whatever you view as better on one day may not always be the case.

Personally speaking I think indoor CQB sites are very important for airsoft in Ireland - they attract an awful lot of people, and allow for more different styles of gaming. I have no bothers playing through the rain, but at the same time sometimes you are just plain not in the mood, and indoor CQB sites mean you can have your fix of airsoft while not having to lug home excessive amounts of drenched gear.

What I look for in a site is reinvestment, innovation and tactical/scenario play - games never stagnate when run in that way, as the outcome will always be different. I also firmly believe that the equipment present has a huge bearing on how games progress. If you have a support gunner, a sniper, a riot shield, a grenadier or mines etc - it's going to result in a different approach to the same objective.

It is all swings and roundabouts, and I don't think there is any definitive answer. Field and forest sites are fantastic for some games, and close quarters indoors are great for others - it all depends on what you're looking for out of a day's gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I don't prefer outdoor, I guess it is just what I play most.

I used to go to the Warehouse pretty much every week and I'd also hit up the office on occasion.

I liked the midweek games, and especially when they went invite only. Indoor sites tend to be cluttered with way too many players, and a preference for full auto removes all skill and enjoyment for me. There is no opportunity to actually make any movement without a constant game of respawning and getting lucky with a pot shot.

I used to LOVE the midweek game, couple of hours in the evening, relatively small numbers, high skilled players in single auto games. Was probably one of the best stretch of gaming I had enjoyment wise, and the indoor gaming plonked in the middle of the week completed that.

I find it a bit perplexing, I would assume that the tendancy would be that indoor players would prefer semi auto, small numbers and more tactical games, but it seems the exact opposite, the outdoor players seem to prefer semi auto, where indoor players tune their equipment for high ROF etc.

The folks that play indoor exclusively are TREMENDOUS craic and a really good laugh. I'd definitly like to do it more often, I think it also lends to a bit of "nerdism" over kit, having a seperate kit for indoor, I used to love that. Pity there isnt an indoor site around me or I'd probably hit it up more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I prefare outdoor myself. I've played Office and Vacant a bit too, but for me, you can't beat the likes of Fingal, Red Barn, Hilltop etc - Because it's natural veg, it's somewhat changing everytime you turn up. Old paths become closed off and no ones are formed.

As Doc said, some indoor sites, can be cluttered with players and it just becomes a stalemate of who gets lucky to hit first.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭josh68

i love both indoor and outdoor,i play mainly at tallaght cqb,,( the old office block ) as it gets quite intense with the single shot rule they have and only burst fire on the long corridors for cover fire only i have great fun there,,but have being to a good few outside sites and had fun,,both in and outside sites need a different set of tactics and both should be tried 2 or 3 times to decide which one you like best..everybody has there preference and its up to you to find yours,,,:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Im a complete noob to airsoft as I've just gotten my first AEG, a G&G M4 and I fire it single shot all the time. So far I'm just target shooting in my back garden but I'm getting pretty interested in having a go at skirmishing at some point.

My noobie question is why do some places allow full auto fire? Surely this would negate the skill of a player doing his damnedest to play as realistically as possible? If someone is just spraying rounds all over the place, they will eventually get lucky and hit someone. Isn't the one shot rule fairer in that the best shot will get the kill? Plus for the defeated opponent, you just get hit once instead of getting half a mag stitched into you:rolleyes:

What would you recommend for a noob, indoor or outdoor? I'm a decent enough shot as I used to fire "real" guns in the past and I can hit beer cans up to 35 metres away (of course they don't shoot back:D)

My noobie question is why do some places allow full auto fire? Surely this would negate the skill of a player doing his damnedest to play as realistically as possible? If someone is just spraying rounds all over the place, they will eventually get lucky and hit someone.

I'm just wondering where you got the idea that using full auto wasn't realistic? I'm more of a single shot myself but I'll click full auto and give em hell when needs be. Single shot only on a site most definitely isn't realism.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

sometimes theres no point of the single fire rule because the regualars get there quick fingers which is just as fast as full auto just more finger movement.

if someone pops out infront of me im going to shoot at them, untill they put there hands up and take the hit or unless there in clear view and you see the first hit , and if you do theres no need to keep shooting,but if you dont keep pulling the trigger, but some people love keeping there s.a.t. ammiting to the hit.

quick q, im planning on going out on the weekend which do you prefere;
    fingal/ rathbeggan or red barn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Full auto is more for suppressing fire than actually making hits, full auto is invaluable to allow you to move tactically as a team, and stop the opposition taking shots at you and you team.

I like both indoors and outdoors, depends on my mood. Prefer to be outside if e weather is good and certainly taking you hits is less painful outdoors. Personally I find the fun factor is decided by how well the teams are balanced, there is no fun in getting owned by pros or in getting 100 of kills in a row on casual players.

I'm just wondering where you got the idea that using full auto wasn't realistic? I'm more of a single shot myself but I'll click full auto and give em hell when needs be. Single shot only on a site most definitely isn't realism.

Like I said, I'm a noob to this and I would have thought firing off one round for a clean kill would be more satisfying than firing full auto which greatly increases your chances of a hit but not as satisfying??:confused:

I'm just going by my own target shooting at beer cans where I find firing five shots and getting five hits good for the ego whereas firing full auto means I can knock down all the beer cans while firing from the hip, even if it means firing 50+ bb's.

But as I've never skirmished, this is just my uninformed opinion. I guess full auto fire would keep an opponents head down while your team moved position.

Like I said, I'm a noob to this and I would have thought firing off one round for a clean kill would be more satisfying than firing full auto which greatly increases your chances of a hit but not as satisfying??:confused:.

If I run out of ammo and resort to chucking my rifle, pistol, empty mags or whatever I can get my hands on to get a hit, I find them all just as satisfying:P

If I run out of ammo and resort to chucking my rifle, pistol, empty mags or whatever I can get my hands on to get a hit, I find them all just as satisfying:P

:D:D:D

Must keep that in mind:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

full auto with a Lonex mag is great for suppression fire and taking objectives. they never expect it from an M4 LOL

Advertisement