Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this welfare fraud?

Options
  • 05-08-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

So this has really been bugging me for a while.

I know a college dropout , aged 33 who lives at home with her parents. She has been claiming welfare for the past 10 years.

She is supposedly 'depressed' although she was working part time while claiming welfare approx. 2 years ago until she decided to quit.

Other than the part time work 2 yrs ago, she has been completely unemployed.

She has no intention of finding work. Instead, she believes that she can live off welfare for the rest of her life. She pays absolutely no bills whatsoever, and uses the money for cigarettes.

She plans to build a log cabin in her parents garden, and live there permanently.

How is this even legal??

The system in ireland has to be completely changed.....social welfare is for people who actually need it, for food, for bills, for their childrens welfare....not for fecking cigarettes!

How can someone live off of other peoples money, guilt free, it's disgraceful!

So I ask, is it possible to report her?
    (Now I know that working & claiming is reportable, but I'm wondering is it possible to report her for being a complete slob who pays no bills, and who has no intention of working?

Please take everything that I told you about her as 100% factual, don't say anything like "you don't know if she's paying bills or what shes going through" as I know her personally.

She is in no way depressed. In fact, she's happier than ever. Why wouldnt she be? she has no worries, no ambition except smoking & watching tv for the rest of her life, funded by the taxpayers money.

Sorry for the rant, its just that slobs really piss me off

thanks,

EDIT: she is claiming jobseekers allowance too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

no ambition except smoking & watching tv.....

You dont seem to understand depression!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Chucken wrote: »
    no ambition except smoking & watching tv.....

You dont seem to understand depression!

Perhaps I could add the forum charter to that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement