Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush Boxing club

Options
  • 04-08-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im interested in chcking out Rush boxing club.It says on their site Mon,Wed and friday at 6.30,are these the corect times?just checking before I head out there as some sites dont update their timetables.

Also, theres traing on sat and sunday as per the site,anyone kno what time this is at?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

The head coach of rush mods this forum, cowzerp, maybe fire him a pm to ask or im sure he'll post here as soon as he sees it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Site should be up to date, sat an Sunday is at 10 till 11 and is fairly quiet but good if your looking to train weekends.

Mon wed and Friday are 6.30pm, the bank hol Monday we will have class too, I'd expect it to be quiet though.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rondog

thanks Cowzerp,

One more question,what nights do you spar?Or do you just have random nights that you spar?

cheers

rondog wrote: »
    thanks Cowzerp,

One more question,what nights do you spar?Or do you just have random nights that you spar?

cheers

Pretty much every night, it would be an odd night that we did not spar.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Hopefully the OP doesn't mind me jumping in here but I don't see the point in opening a new thread when this is here. I gues I've been bit by the Olympic bug and I'm considering taking up boxing as a way to get fit. I'm 26 and very unfit, I could do with shifting 4 to 5 stone! My question is would joining the likes of Rush Boxing Club now be a good idea or would I be better served getting fit and then joining. When I needed to get fit for work reasons I managed it easily enough but that was because I had the motivation behind me, now 6 years later that motivation is gone and I think boxing will give me it back.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Boxing will be hard whether your gym fit or not, best thing to do is join whatever club you can and get fit while learning the sport, if you spend 6 months in a gym getting fit you will have missed 6 months of skills and trust me on this-You will still feel unfit in Boxing. Gym won't prepare you for Boxing

There is plenty of unfit lads join the club and get fitter, the great thing with Boxing is its at your pace too so you can only do what you can do, When you get fitter it won't get easier! You'll just do more.

Advertisement