Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Ipod erased all music and no backup - how to recover?

Options
  • 04-08-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I had around 6000 songs on my ipod, with no real backup as I got most of them off different people's computers over the years.

Today I plugged my pod into itunes and tried to copy some songs to it. It said there was an error with two of the songs. It then said it couldn't sync my ipod. I ejected it, assuming the problem was with the format of the songs.

Lo and behold, when I took it out, EVERYTHING was gone. I panicked a bit and stuck it back into itunes hoping it would right itself. No go.

So I googled recovering the music manually. Tried to follow a step by step plan on techtips.salon.com but some of the options weren't showing up in my itunes.

So I downloaded a programme called Stellar Phoenix iPod Recovery and clicked on advance recovery but it says no ipod is connected. Then a window comes up (presumably a Windows thing as is says that along the top) saying to either scan and fix ipod or continue without scanning. I don't think this is part of the programme I downloaded and don't know what to do, I don't want to make it worse!

Please help, I spent years accumulating that music and I will never be able to get it all back otherwise!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Spam alert...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I think you could be out of luck. I'd imagine what happened was your iTunes replaced the music on the iPod with your own music. I'd be careful with some of that music recovery software. A lot of it isn't to be trusted and does stuff to your PC that it shouldn't be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

DubDJ wrote: »
    I think you could be out of luck. I'd imagine what happened was your iTunes replaced the music on the iPod with your own music. I'd be careful with some of that music recovery software. A lot of it isn't to be trusted and does stuff to your PC that it shouldn't be doing.

OP is 2 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

ShaneU wrote: »
    OP is 2 years old

Young to have and ipod!:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I never sorted this problem, clicked in here today hoping there was a solution. :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

That really sucks. Let it be a lesson to always back up your data etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I never sorted this problem, clicked in here today hoping there was a solution. :-/

Hope you got sorted....it might be a way to clear out old stuff on your ipod! Make way for new.....good luck!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Elton Ken

Here is the way about how to recover music from iPod:
    Step 1 Tap the "iTunes Store" app on your iPhone.
    Step 2 Select the "More" tab, choose the "Purchased" option and tap "Tones."
    Step 3 Select each ringtone that you want to download and then tap the "Download" icon to save the tone to your iPhone.
    Besides, Data Recvoery may help you a lot in recoverring.

Advertisement