Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Eircom Monitor my Bandwidth usage?

Options
  • 04-08-2012 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have an Eircom package that allows me a 50GB broadband allowance. However, I'm sure I've transferred more than 60GB this week alone. Do they moderate the actual usage. My speed is unchanged. Quite worried I'll be landed with a 1000 euro bill. Anyone ever charged for over-the-limit usage?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭.Bob

only the ngb basic 10gb is really capped, the rest allows you to go over the limit, i think there's a fair usage of 250gb on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Mr Manfred wrote: »
    I have an Eircom package that allows me a 50GB broadband allowance. However, I'm sure I've transferred more than 60GB this week alone. Do they moderate the actual usage. My speed is unchanged. Quite worried I'll be landed with a 1000 euro bill. Anyone ever charged for over-the-limit usage?

Hi Mr Manfred,

I can confirm that at the moment eircom do not charge any excess download charges on the standard broadband packages. Although eircom do reserve the right to charge as per the broadband terms and conditions - "to charge for exceeding the download allowance on a customers package". Effectively what that means is that a customer is free to exceed the download allowance without penalty.

However be aware that a very small percentage of customers who are on the standard broadband packages who continually have extremely excessive usage will be sent out warning letters warning that the usage is to high and may be charged excess usage if the usage pattern continues. Again this has only occurred to less than 1% of customers.

So until you move to Next generation broadband you will not be charged any excess download fees.

Bob. is right at the moment the usage fees only apply if customers are on the NGB basic 10GB and exceed the monthly usage allowance.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mr Manfred

Thanks guys. That's a massive relief. Was freakin' out something serious.

Mr Manfred wrote: »
    Thanks guys. That's a massive relief. Was freakin' out something serious.

No worries :)

Thanks Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Bob. is right at the moment the usage fees only apply if customers are on the NGB basic 10GB and exceed the monthly usage allowance.

I've gone over the 10GB limit a few times on Basic with no charge that I'm aware of. Mind you not by much. I'll probably upgrade to Regular when I get certain personal affairs in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

go to the broadband support page and on the right enter your phone number and acc number and it will tell you your usage over the past 4 months

can't link to the page for some reason

tricky D wrote: »
    I've gone over the 10GB limit a few times on Basic with no charge that I'm aware of. Mind you not by much. I'll probably upgrade to Regular when I get certain personal affairs in order.

Hi tricky D,

If you need me to look into your usage (feel free to PM your details) I can also advise on the upgrade as well.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Usage monitoring is fine. I use the monitoring tool towards the end of the month, but it always goes a bit wonky on the last day or two of the month.

Re the upgrade, will PM as there's something a bit strange going on, possibly package related. There's also another complication due to recent personal events.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

allen175 wrote: »
    go to the broadband support page and on the right enter your phone number and acc number and it will tell you your usage over the past 4 months

can't link to the page for some reason

here is a link
    www.eircom.net/broadbandstats

tricky D wrote: »
    Usage monitoring is fine. I use the monitoring tool towards the end of the month, but it always goes a bit wonky on the last day or two of the month.

Re the upgrade, will PM as there's something a bit strange going on, possibly package related. There's also another complication due to recent personal events.

Hi tricky D

I looked into your PM and messaged you back. Let me know if you have any follow up queries.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement