Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What colleges in dublin offer repeat leaving?

Options
  • 04-08-2012 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i know rathmines, plunkett and pearse but is there anywhere else that offer this course too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Stphn1990 wrote: »
    i know rathmines, plunkett and pearse but is there anywhere else that offer this course too?
    St. Lawrences in loughlinstown

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think O'Connell schools have one and possibly Greenhills college.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

Ashfield College in Templeogue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RosiexoPosie

Stphn1990 wrote: »

I was wondering did you repeat in Rathmines college or Plunkett because I went with my sister for her interview today.She likes both places but is very worried about the social aspect because she is shy and finds it difficult to mix with people.Are most people from Dublin ?and do they know eachother .We live in Ashbourne and she knows nobody repeating .any advice is welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I was wondering did you repeat in Rathmines college or Plunkett because I went with my sister for her interview today.She likes both places but is very worried about the social aspect because she is shy and finds it difficult to mix with people.Are most people from Dublin ?and do they know eachother .We live in Ashbourne and she knows nobody repeating .any advice is welcome

very rarely would anyone know each other, unless the people repeating together happen to be good friends who had high expectations but fell short abit in the leaving, or their clowns who didnt bother studying
    either way your sister will be fine, she will make friends

Although IMO i found the social aspect of "college" to be better then the college part of repeating a leaving
    repeat leaving is basicly 6th year all over again. Its nothing like college
    only difference is, new class mates, and mixed classrooms (boys & girls) rather then just boys or girls like most schools in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 RosiexoPosie

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    very rarely would anyone know each other, unless the people repeating together happen to be good friends who had high expectations but fell short abit in the leaving, or their clowns who didnt bother studying
    either way your sister will be fine, she will make friends

Although IMO i found the social aspect of "college" to be better then the college part of repeating a leaving
    repeat leaving is basicly 6th year all over again. Its nothing like college
    only difference is, new class mates, and mixed classrooms (boys & girls) rather then just boys or girls like most schools in Ireland

Thanks for that , as a matter of interest where did you repeat ? She keeps on saying everyone will be from Dublin and everyone will know eachother , which we all told her doesn't matter.We even told her even if she makes no friends she can always go to the library and she at break , would that be possible ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks for that , as a matter of interest where did you repeat ? She keeps on saying everyone will be from Dublin and everyone will know eachother , which we all told her doesn't matter.We even told her even if she makes no friends she can always go to the library and she at break , would that be possible ?

She will be fine. I bet there will even be people getting the same bus home as her. Ashbourne is practically Dublin.
    I guarantee not everyone will be from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭pandoraj09

St laurence college in Loughlinstwon has a great repeat programme. For shy people like one of the poster's sister, each student has a tutor, and there are organised socials so people can mix. On the first day there's a lot of putting people in different groups and encouraging new friendships. Its normally a group of about 50/60. They can go on school teams also, which is a great way to feel part of the group. A highly recommended, structured course with a large guidance element in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 junior c

Loughlinstown would be a long journey from Ashbourne,its heading towards Bray.But have heard only good things about it.

Advertisement