Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insuramce transfer

Options
  • 03-08-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi.
    So basically I am a learner driver. I have just got insured on my Mams car until December. Does anyone know if I buy my own car could I transfer the insurance over?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Are you a named driver on her policy? or you've taken out your own policy on your Mum's car?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,205 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You don't have your own policy to transfer, you are only a named driver on your mom's policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

Sorry yes I am just a named driver.

So if I was to take out my own policy in say a month then I would just loose the remainder of the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Flunch wrote: »
    Sorry yes I am just a named driver.

So if I was to take out my own policy in say a month then I would just loose the remainder of the money?
    Your mother's insurer would probably repay a portion of the money to her.

Advertisement