Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon work from home

Options
  • 03-08-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi, just wondering if anyone is working from home for Amazon? Im looking into returning to work and interested in this, any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

Is this the Mechanical Turk thing - been looking at this myself, here's a link with some interesting feedback...

http://www.workfromhomewatchdog.com/is-amazon-mechanical-turk-a-scam/

The site itself has some interesting tips...

TG

• Registered Users Posts: 20 the_ferreter

The work from home from Amazon is LEGIT. You do training at there call centre in the Airport business park and then when trained you do work from home. Very good company to work for. You get assessed in the first week and if you pass you carry on training for a couple of weeks. My missus works for amazon and its a genuine job and good potential working for them....and i know a few people that have worked for them in the call centre and now wor from home instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

The work from home from Amazon is LEGIT. You do training at there call centre in the Airport business park and then when trained you do work from home. Very good company to work for. You get assessed in the first week and if you pass you carry on training for a couple of weeks. My missus works for amazon and its a genuine job and good potential working for them....and i know a few people that have worked for them in the call centre and now wor from home instead.

Agreed..

The Wife of a very good friend of Mine is working for them from home.

She loves it,and says they are fantastic to work for.

Might go for it Myself after the New Year. Not from home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 livey

Thanks, im an keeping an eye on the website for up coming jobs.

livey wrote: »
    Thanks, im an keeping an eye on the website for up coming jobs.

Might be a while before that happens.

I was onto a friend of Mine that works at the Airport Business Park a few weeks ago,,and he told Me then they were due to let go the xmas staff that they hired.

So will have to let things settle first now before they take on people again.

• Advertisement

ahh, did notice they had advertised position from home in early december but then they were removed again a week later. thought it was a bit strange..................will have to look into something else.

ahh, did notice they had advertised position from home in early december but then they were removed again a week later. thought it was a bit strange..................will have to look into something else.

Don't give up though..It does always say on their website that if they don't have a position at the moment that you should send in your details either way.

"I wanted to apply for a position that I saw here, but now it's not listed. May I still apply?
    We regularly post new positions and remove positions that are no longer open or have been filled. It's ideal when you can apply for a specific position; it makes our process of reviewing applicants easier. However, you may apply without indicating a specific open position."

And here are some FAQ's ...

http://www.amazon.com/b?_ref=career_FAQ&node=239372011

Hope this helps...And best of luck either way.

In fact,,if any of this helps,,these are the most recent positions from amazon..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?node=203041011

hi, check out the amazon website. jobs expo on mar2nd

hi, check out the amazon website. jobs expo on mar2nd

Thanks..

I sent you a PM about another Work from Home Job..

Not sure if you got it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I see you have to be based in the Munster area for this, are there ever other regional opportunities?

EnterNow wrote: »
    I see you have to be based in the Munster area for this, are there ever other regional opportunities?

As far as I know,they do have options for Dublin at times.

I'm not sure if your just interested in the Work from Home option,,or any other ones,,but there's a few here for Dublin.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?node=203041011

In fact,,these are all the Dublin options here...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Search-Jobs-Careers/b/ref=amb_link_51920565_1?ie=UTF8&node=203036011&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=left-2&pf_rd_r=1KAWQ3W5EGCXMM1TAZ69&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=165692291&pf_rd_i=203041011

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sicilylemons

Does anyone know if the people being hired to work from home over the xmas season will get offered full time permanent work from home.

Does anyone know if the people being hired to work from home over the xmas season will get offered full time permanent work from home.

I'd be surprised if they were kept on. Usually staff for the xmas season are just that..Season staff.

I think you'd have much better chance of being kept on if you were to get work from them at a different time of the year.

It's not to say you shouldn't try though.

There is a slight chance that they may keep some season staff on after xmas....Only one way to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sicilylemons

Thanks Mr Frisp. Do Amazon have many people working from home in Customer Service jobs throughout the whole year. I wonder if it is something Amazon would be looking to do more of in the future.

Thanks Mr Frisp. Do Amazon have many people working from home in Customer Service jobs throughout the whole year. I wonder if it is something Amazon would be looking to do more of in the future.

Well I do know that my friends wife is there well over a year now, and she loves doing it.

I'd say Amazon will look into a bit more of home Customer staff as it leads to a happy workplace.

If you want me to find out any more information just let me know and I'll ask for you.

Advertisement