Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One parent family allowance

Options
  • 03-08-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi

Can someone please help me regarding OPFA application? Does anybody know the procedures? I've sent my application,had my interview, what next?

Do they do house inspection unannounced or send letter or do I get letter about accept/reject?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Probably have a visit from the Inspector. Nothing to worry about, as long as you have nothing to hide and have been up front with them from the start. If you have no income please see your CWO while you are waiting as it may still be some time before your application is processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

Thanks,I am on Supplementary Welfare Allowance until application goes through. I do have a boyfriend and was completely honest with her in interview. I just a natural worrier so alway think the worst!!!

To be honest I really don't like the idea of home visits,seems invasion of privacy. I know they must do it as they are clamping down on fraud and are making sure I'm not cohabitating it's just the idea of a stranger going through my house! She was a really nice inspector though so fingers crossed home visit goes ok!

Advertisement