Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel Allowance

Options
  • 03-08-2012 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

My friend is currently getting jobseekers allowance. Last year they got the fuel allowance for the winter.
    They want to know do they have to apply again to get this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I've been getting it the last three years I think. I didn't have to apply for it after the first time. It should be automatic once their circumstances havent' changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

do u have 2 apply for it if its for the 1st time? ive just finished up on jsb after a yr of being on it, ive been on jsa for the last 3wks, my hubby works tho so would i qualify?:confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

For anyone wondering when it begins it starts on Monday, 8 October 2012 and finishes on Friday, 5 April 2013 (26 weeks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭rosehip

Are you sure those dates are correct Zoria (great name!)?

It was cut from 26 weeks to 20 weeks last year in the budget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

rosehip wrote: »
    Are you sure those dates are correct Zoria (great name!)?

It was cut from 26 weeks to 20 weeks last year in the budget
    Yep up to date, they're on the citizens advice website :) About the user name, I wanted to reply on the BTSA thread and was stuck for one, so I googled greek goddesses and came up with this one. Shes the goddess of beauty apparently. Wishful thinking on my part :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭rosehip

Sorry about that - thanks for link Eastbono - i remembered it was reduced by 6 weeks as remember discussing it with my aunt last year when we watched the budget.

Sorry Zoria, senior-ish moment from moi. And thanks for telling me where you got the name - very interesting !

Advertisement