Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!!!!!

Options
  • 03-08-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi not sure if this is the right forum :/ I am currently on the RAS scheme. I am in receipt of Disability allowance as I suffer badly from depression. I got quite sick the last few months and am now 400 in arrears. I am also in debt with all my utility bills but obviously the most important is having a roof over my head. I am so stressed about been evicted! What is the procedure etc? If I pay a small bit off the arrears a week, can they still evict me? The problem is I was about 150 in arrears before my relapse and I came to an agreement with them of an extra 10e a week towards my arrears! When I relapsed I broke this agreement. Any advice would be appreciated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Contact MABS immediately. Today. Here is how to find the nearest to you.
    http://findaddress.citizensinformation.ie/service_finder/
    Here is the Lo-Call NO.
    0761 07 2000
    It is a lo-call number as long as you are ringing from a landline. Do it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

I would also recommend using the self help guide on mabs if you will have a long wait for an appointment. I found myself in financial trouble and contacted mabs and was told I'd have to wait 2-3 weeks for an appointment. I used the letter templates on their site to get the ball rolling and contact my creditors to let them know I was having problems. I also used their budget tool to help work out what I could afford to pay and where to. there's also templates for contacting your creditors with proposals of repayment.
    I also had problems with esb and if you contact them they can be helpful and will try to work with you on repayments. I had a meter installed to pay for current usage and my arrears were paid off with ten euro a week through it.we had serious issues with rent arrears too and after meeting with our local authority we worked out a repayment plan which is thankfully all paid off.
    I know it might not seem like it now but there is an end in sight for your problems and it's not as bleak as it might seem now. You've taken the first step by knowing to look for help.
    And also don't forget SVP are there to help too. best of luck to you and I hope you get it sorted soon for peace of mind.

http://www.mabs.ie/self-help-guide/

Advertisement