Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow hammer?

Options
  • 02-08-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,i was driving along a country road about 5pm this evening and i spotted these little guys on the road,after a quick google i think they might be yellow hammers,i thought they might be canaries but dont really know,can anyone confirm what they are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Pie Man

Ya yellow hammer all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

thanks pieman,they are a first sighting for me so im delighted,i go for plenty of walks and would be familiar with most of our birds but they are a first and as my wife had her camera in her bag we were lucky to get a few shots,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

lucky you seeing Yellowhammers

Mark

very lucky mark,got a great buzz from seeing them,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Lovely spot.

• Advertisement

forgot to mention location in my op.the birds were seen near killeagh east Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Spotted two of these in our back garden yesterday. Lovely birds. Location: NCD

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Mod Note: Not appropriate to add to a 3-year old thread yknaa! Would have been more appropriate in the The Hide (chat thread) or Wild Bird feeding forum? threads!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement