Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Supplement

Options
  • 02-08-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have been living in a property for the past year that I have been able to afford without the need for rent supplement as the maintenance I receive for my children and the 30 euro I would have to pay anyway covers it, so I wasn't entitled to claim anyway.

My daughter has been very ill the last few months and I now need to move areas to be closer to family. My landlord isn't renewing our tenancy agreement anyway as he needs the house back for his own family, so I would have to move house anyway.

The area I need to move back too the rent is higher for the same type of property which I am entitled to have, I would still have to pay my maintenance towards the rent and the 30 euro but this would leave me short about 50 a week rent which I should be entitled to claim for. The rent on a house I have found is under the rent limits I am entitled to but would the CWO insist I can only qualify for Rent Supplement by applying to the local authority for housing need rather than under the renting privately for 6 months rule because my financial circumstances haven't changed but the rent on the new house is just higher?? I am on OPFB.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement