Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parental sick leave

Options
  • 02-08-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,

i heard through a friend that as a parent you are entitled to 5 days sick leave if your partner is sick ...... Okay il set a scene it's easier.

I work 48hrs a week shift workm my wife doesn't work but is in receipt of social welfare and is currently seeking employment. I usedup 90% of my holidays in May when my wife gave birth to twins, but recently when she became ill and i had to take 3days off so she could go to her mothers to chill and relax.
    So now as you can see i dont have any holidays left for the year but as i stated a friend of mine told me that if say the father has to take time off work due to the mother being sick and not in a position to mind the children then he is entiteled to 5days during the first yr of childs life which doesn't affect his holiday's.

Could anybody confirm this before i take this up with my supervisor???

Cheers in advance.

Comments

Advertisement