Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP7 Internal Upgrades

Options
  • 02-08-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Basicly, I would like to upgrade the internals of mp7 to increase the fps. It's only shooting around 200fps with .2s.

I've been told it's not a simple as just upgrading the spring but i've to purchase almost a whole new set of pistons, bushings,springs, guides etc etc. I've only seen 1 brand that sells various parts and that's Nine Ball (Laylex). And there not easy to come buy. I'd have to order them in from the 4 corners of the world.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and would be able to help?
    Point me in the direction of what parts would be vital to change out as I hope to keep this project on a buget cool.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

sort out the airseal problem (new o ring on the cylinder head and piston), 200 fps is a bit low, add a tightbore barrel (this will increase FPS) but leave the original gearset and spring in it. increasing the spring power and ROF will cause the gun to die quicker and replacement gearboxs are a pain to source, trust me i have tried with not much luck to find a tm gearbox that did not cost a kidney.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭GerK123

Hey Thermo, thanks for the quick reply.

Would these o rings do for the cylinder head and piston? http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1059&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26
    Would you recomend changing out any of the other internals?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

the linked o rings would be too large, best bet is to go to the motor factors with the old ones and get the right sized ones. as for the other internals id leave them alone if they are ok, ie not broken or worn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭krzyfu

What brand is MP7? Ussualy AEP shoting 200-250 FPS 0.5J. For icrease fps around 300 repleacing spring is necessary. But after spring changing motor will be needed more power and baterry will be faster discharged. Battery box with goodbattery is recommended. If MP7 is china brand probably be need more mechanical upgrdes like gears, bal bearings and piston.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭GerK123

It's from umarex and is licensed by h&k, unsure of the actually manufacter thougth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

GerK123 wrote: »
    It's from umarex and is licensed by h&k, unsure of the actually manufacter thougth.

I'm pretty sure it's WELL, but not 100%. Realistically the only important distinction is whether or not it's TM, and in this case it's not.

I would very strongly suggest heeding Thermo's advice - replacement GB shells are not the easiest to come by, so ramping up power (or similarly, ROF) are not advisable...unless you have a proven track record of managing to find awkward items :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Add sorbothane and radius the gearbox shell to prevent it cracking. Air-lab can do custom cut pads for specific cylinder heads.

Advertisement